cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International text outside Canada

Rehat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

Im leaving for 3 weeks outside Canada i have unlimited international text ,so can I receive text in abroad or I can send only or both possible? Is there any possibility or any add ons? Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

@Rehat wrote:

Thank you all for replying fast.

I believe i do understand now. Either I will got sim card in destination country if not US or use apps like Text now.

Getting a local data sim may be all you need, Incase WiFi isn’t handy.  TextNow will work great on WiFi and cellular data.

Rehat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all for replying fast.

I believe i do understand now. Either I will got sim card in destination country if not US or use apps like Text now.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM international text works in Canada. PM offers US addons for 10 days only which might be too short for you.

I find that when I travel I prefer to get a SIM in the country I travel in. It can be a hassle but for 3 weeks it may be more cost effective. For example, in Mexico, it costs 10usd for unlimited text, calls plus around 1gb of data, and you can call to US and Canada. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could purchase a sim like Zipsim or Gigsky. If you have access to wi-fi then you could use apps like Skype, Fongo, or Textnow.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rehat wrote:

Hello all,

Im leaving for 3 weeks outside Canada i have unlimited international text ,so can I receive text in abroad or I can send only or both possible? Is there any possibility or any add ons? Thank you

@Rehat Once you leave Canada your PM sim card will not work period. If you are going to the US you have the option of purchasing US roaming addons. Best to pickup a local sim and/or use WiFi third party apps to communicate.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rehat wrote:

Hello all,

As long as you maintain a Public Mobile basic plan, you can also get a 10 Day US Texting Add-on for $8....or a talk & text add-on for $15.

Alternative is a free VOIP app such as Textnow ...allows free calls and texts to/from Canada as long as you have a robust wifi signal. There's other apps but I've used Textnow ...works good.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RehatYou can receive text while you are in the US without a Public Mobile US Roaming add on, as long as you are on Telus' peering partners ie AT&T or TMobile. It won't work anywhere else.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rehat wrote:

Hello all,

The international texting is for texting while in Canada.  PM only has roaming packages for Travel in the US.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.