cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text

mmentus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan includes unlimited international texting but I’ve been having quite a bit of trouble with it. When I can connect to a service network, I get an error message saying in can’t receive texts, and then 95% of the time I can’t even connect to a service network. I am traveling south east Asia and am wondering if this may be playing a factor in my lack of connection? Any info is helpful, thanks!! 

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy wrote:

Depending on your plan, some allow receiving international texts but not sending. 

@Triguy ONLY when you are roaming in the USA.  Outside of Canada and the USA, you will get NO service, meaning no texts, talk, or data at all, using your PM SIM card.

@RATHAN863 wrote:

remove the battery put back is be work or remove the sim card put back and restart the device

u good too go 

@RATHAN863 it this a joke?  If not, please note that you are 100% incorrect, and doing this will have zero effect if you are outside of Canada or the USA, and @mmentus  indicated they arein SE Asia currently, where there is NO roaming service available from Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@mmentus wrote:

My plan includes unlimited international texting but I’ve been having quite a bit of trouble with it. When I can connect to a service network, I get an error message saying in can’t receive texts, and then 95% of the time I can’t even connect to a service network. I am traveling south east Asia and am wondering if this may be playing a factor in my lack of connection? Any info is helpful, thanks!! 

The unlimited international texting is only working in Canada

You may buy local Sim card.

RATHAN863

u don't have to buy local SIM card.  but don't sign out the  Whatsapp or similar app

account.

[completely incorrect information struck through -------- Luddite]

RATHAN863

remove the battery put back is be work or remove the sim card put back and restart the device

u good too go 

[completely incorrect information struck through -------- Luddite]

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tony8 wrote:

Hi, Public Mobile only works from within Canada ( or USA with a roaming package). 

Use Whatsapp or similar app over WIFI, or get a local SIM card.

Yea international text only means that you can send texts internationally, from Canada. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offering roaming except in the US.  Depending on your plan, some allow receiving international texts but not sending.  If you have access to wifi then you could use apps like textnow, Skype, or Fongo.  Also you might be better offer to but a local sim.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, Public Mobile only works from within Canada ( or USA with a roaming package). 

Use Whatsapp or similar app over WIFI, or get a local SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.