cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Port

CWMinnie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been at least 4 hours and my old phone number has not ported out completely. I am switching from an old phone with a Petro Mobility SIM to a new phone with a Public Mobile SIM. 

With the new phone (public mobile) I am able to make texts and calls, all of which show the ported number. However, any incoming calls/texts to the ported number go to the old phone (with Petro Mobility sim). What can be done to fix this?  @Moderator_Team

5 REPLIES 5

CWMinnie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's working now. Thanks! I think it just needed a lot more time. 

Thecrimson1919
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why would you call to get an imei number? Settings, about phone, status, imei info (android) 

@popping wrote:

@CWMinnie wrote:

It has been at least 4 hours and my old phone number has not ported out completely. I am switching from an old phone with a Petro Mobility SIM to a new phone with a Public Mobile SIM. 

With the new phone (public mobile) I am able to make texts and calls, all of which show the ported number. However, any incoming calls/texts to the ported number go to the old phone (with Petro Mobility sim). What can be done to fix this?  @Moderator_Team

Did you call Petro Mobility to get your IMEI number on your file at Petro Mobility?

If not, call them to get it 

Send a private message to moderator with your name, your phone number and IMEI number in order to port from Petro Mobility.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CWMinnie wrote:

Did you call Petro Mobility to get your IMEI number on your file at Petro Mobility?

If not, call them to get it 

Send a private message to moderator with your name, your phone number and IMEI number in order to port from Petro Mobility.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CWMinnie  send a private message to moderator_team  with your porting info.  you might also get a call on the alternate number you provided (from telus porting team) and they will ask to verify your porting info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CWMinnie  - It could be that the port is simply taking longer that usual.  That said, when a port fails, you should get a message advising you to contact support.  If you need to get in touch with the moderator team, you are better off sending them a private message.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.