cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go to a strangers phone

Rhuard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I receive text, pictures, and can send text and pictures. My data works and I can call out. When somone calls my number a complete stranger answers in a different language.

I chose a new number in public mobile.

Also usually in NB cell to cell is not long distance and I have province wide calling. My girlfriend number is not nb number but worked fine any other time when I called it without long distance.

1. Incoming calls to my number go to a different phone.

2. Cannot call my gf phone within my province and I have province wide calling

Can somone help

4 REPLIES 4

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Since he can receive text message, it should only be 1 of 2 reasons:

1) call forward activated somehow

Can try to activate it and then deactivate it and see if it helps.

The process for setting up call-forwarding is different from phone to phone. Check out your phone’s user guide for details. 

Below are the generic settings for different phone types:

Android

Phone icon > Settings Menu > Call > More settings > Call Forwarding  

Iphone 

Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding

Blackberry

Phone icon > Swipe down from the top > Tap Settings > Call Forwarding

Windows

Settings > System Applications > phone > Call Forwarding / Phone > More > Settings > Call Forwarding

2) failed port in.

Contact the mods for this.

@Rhuard This sound like a port-in in progress. Are your transferring a number to Public Mobile? If so, try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is functional. Do not close your old account; that will happen automatically. Or if you have another phone, use your old SIM in it and carry on with two phones

If your port-in of a cell number has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance. If so, send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

None of the above true? Login to your account and confirm Status says Active. If yes, it's your phone. If no, send a private message to the moderators.

Hang in there - it will get sorted as long as you have an unlocked compatible phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rhuard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I check call forwarding

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

The only thing you can check is call forward status

Failing that you will need to send a message to the moderator team

Need Help? Let's chat.