cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Messages Inconsistent

insider878
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experience issues with their data? Sometimes I'll receive messages on Whatsapp only when I turn on wifi but my data was active all along. 

Any solution to the problem?

6 REPLIES 6

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@insider878, I had some issues with WhatsApp, and the only thing that worked for me is uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app. But, before you do, make sure you back-up your WhatsApp to Google Drive first so you won't lose anything. When you re-install, everything should be sync back in and it should work as normal. 

Definitely a software permissions setting. The operating system has a blanket "use WiFI only" vs "use cellular data" vs "use both" setting somewhere. And each app has hardware access permissions ("can access cellular network yes/no", etc).

What is the phone brand/model? Which operating system (and version) does it run?

@insider878  Is that the only app you notice this happen with? All other messaging apps are received in a timely manner over mobile data? As well as email notifications and other similar updates? Are your notifications on for what's app?

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@insider878 

Try checking whatsapp settings and see if data is enabled for it in settings.

Settings>apps>whatsapp>data usuage

In there check and see if its enabled.

Screenshot_20200223_184302.jpg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@insider878 

My data works well in my area.  

Maybe you live in an area with poorer reception.  

Which model phone?  Some phone models may not be 100% compatible.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@insider878 can you send and receive mms messages?  If you can, your APN settings are correct. And You should be able to surf the internet and use WhatsApp over data. Do you have WhatsApp set up to connect only on WiFi to conserve your data? You have to check your data settings to enable it to work over it. 

@insider878 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experience issues with their data? Sometimes I'll receive messages on Whatsapp only when I turn on wifi but my data was active all along. 

Any solution to the problem?

Need Help? Let's chat.