cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Call Restricted

domptg
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm with Public Mobile for few months now and I'm okay with the service. When I was looking on my calls log I noticed this weird message 

11/02/2019 2:50Incoming CallRestricted

Does anyone have similar situation like me? what kind of call this could be?

14 REPLIES 14

The do not call list isn't perfect, as Government, political parties, newspapers, and businesses you've previously have had dealings with, are permitted to continue to call you, even if registered on the DNCL.

You can specifically ask them not to call your cellular number (as some plans cost the caller to receive a call in some fashion), and never provide your cellular number as your 'primary' number, if you do not wish to be included in promos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

People can have reasons for blocking number like when calling a company and not wantimg to get added to a calling list.  I think it ok for people to call companies with blocked number.  I would not try to call family or friends with blocked number because many people will decide not to answer.  Some people even have software on phone to reject blocked numbers.

And what's ludicrous to me is that a business would choose not to accept calls from anonymous callers. In my recent experience - a restaurant!

That is silly!  Yes, stupid to block number when calling a friend.  What if I don't want to get added to that business' marketing list?  Companies do that all the time without permission, even witn do not call list rules.  A business should answer all calls!

I just don't get the harm. Phone rings. You can't help but notice the caller id. Don't know them. Answer it anyway. P1$$ off. Add to block number contact. Done.

@Anonymous wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

People can have reasons for blocking number like when calling a company and not wantimg to get added to a calling list.  I think it ok for people to call companies with blocked number.  I would not try to call family or friends with blocked number because many people will decide not to answer.  Some people even have software on phone to reject blocked numbers.

And what's ludicrous to me is that a business would choose not to accept calls from anonymous callers. In my recent experience - a restaurant!

That is silly!  Yes, stupid to block number when calling a friend.  What if I don't want to get added to that business' marketing list?  Companies do that all the time without permission, even witn do not call list rules.  A business should answer all calls!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavemantoronto wrote:

WittyUsername
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The person who called you has set it so that their number cannot be seen by whoever they are calling. This is often done for privacy reasons.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sharry19 wrote:

@domptg If you have limited incoming/outgoing mintues on your Plan then this can happen because if your monthly pack total mintutes get over then system wouldn't allow you to receive incoming calls along with outgoing calls.

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

@Sharry19 doesn't look like that's the case for @domptg :

@domptg wrote:

I'm on unlimited $25 calling plan. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@domptg If you have limited incoming/outgoing mintues on your Plan then this can happen because if your monthly pack total mintutes get over then system wouldn't allow you to receive incoming calls along with outgoing calls.

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

Yes I did... but my answer was for the other post of jinwei ... @domptg

domptg

@Lieux did you read my last post. Please do.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I think too that’s a private number... @domptg  and no @missorange if you have a 50 minutes call you can’t receive any more calls if you have spend them all...

domptg

I'm on unlimited $25 calling plan. 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

is that spam call, and the phone auto restricted? or not sure if Somebody had 10$ plan, they used all 50 mins, does they still able to receive incoming call or restricted?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
I think it's like a anonymous number, the caller (either a person or business) doesn't want their phone number to be displayed to people they call.
Need Help? Let's chat.