cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of advice

Tbbbb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I opened my plan on March 16 and there was a problem porting over my number.  So now I’m left with someone else’s phone number that I have access to text messages and outgoing calls but I cannot receive any incoming calls.. the moderator says I gave to wait a month till I can change the number ???? I don’t have my own number to begin with so what are my options as I need my phone for work.

12 REPLIES 12

@Shazia_Kwrote:

Hello @Tbbbb,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in regards to your new activation with us today. 

Firstly, please rest assured that you won't need to wait a period of 30 days in order to change your phone number since from what I understand you got a faulty phone number assigned to your account. 

I have taken a look at the conversation you had earlier with my colleague @Abdoulaye_N and a new account must be created in this case. The reason is that there was already 2 phone number changes to this current account and only one phone number change can be done every 30 days.

@Abdoulaye_N is currently in the process of creating a brand new account for you, you should expect a response from him shortly. 

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope that you are comfortable with my explanation in regards to the phone number change. 

Should you require more information, do not hesitate to reach out to me. 

Have a great evening! 🙂 

Shazia

Thank you for your quick response!!  @Tbbbb, sounds like things are being taken care of now!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Tbbbb,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in regards to your new activation with us today. 

Firstly, please rest assured that you won't need to wait a period of 30 days in order to change your phone number since from what I understand you got a faulty phone number assigned to your account. 

I have taken a look at the conversation you had earlier with my colleague @Abdoulaye_N and a new account must be created in this case. The reason is that there was already 2 phone number changes to this current account and only one phone number change can be done every 30 days.

@Abdoulaye_N is currently in the process of creating a brand new account for you, you should expect a response from him shortly. 

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope that you are comfortable with my explanation in regards to the phone number change. 

Should you require more information, do not hesitate to reach out to me. 

Have a great evening! 🙂 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@Tbbbb Just a little troubleshooting please:

a) can you still use your old provider's SIM? What services do you get?

b) what is make/model of your phone?

c) do data and texting work properly?

d) what phone number shows when you look at the phone info?

e) what happens when you call/text your old number from a different phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tbbbb, if you are asked to wait a month for a number change then you did not do a number port.  You probably did a number change.  The system allows only one number change every 30 days, no way around this limitation.  Not even the moderators can do anything for you.  If you are indeed in need of a certain number in your account now, I would suggest you try to get another SIM card and activate a new line and start all over again.  As for the stranded funds in the current account, you might be able to negotiate some goodwill.  This is the only way to bypass the 30 day clock. 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tbbbbwrote:

Been asking them for the last 2 days and I keep getting the same message back .  I can change the number April 16 ?????

The mods have been tagged a few times in this thread (and I'm doing it again too) so hopefully they will be able to shed some light on this for you. Hang in there! 🙂

@CS_Agent: What's the scoop on this?

Tbbbb

Been asking them for the last 2 days and I keep getting the same message back .  I can change the number April 16 ?????

koimr1

@Tbbbbwrote:

I opened my plan on March 16 and there was a problem porting over my number.  So now I’m left with someone else’s phone number that I have access to text messages and outgoing calls but I cannot receive any incoming calls.. the moderator says I gave to wait a month till I can change the number ???? I don’t have my own number to begin with so what are my options as I need my phone for work.

Sounds like a miscommunication here and your port is stuck (somewhat common). Get in touch with a mod again and repeat your problem, they need to sort this so you get YOUR number and especially if it's affecting another customer. The "30 days" thing sounds like whoever you conversed with didn't understand your problem fully.

Acekiller

the system is messed up, the mods probably misunderstood your request.  I would talk to the mods again to make sure it gets fixed!

Tbbbb

Well when someone calls me someone by the name of Collin answers and is worried he will loose his number

I'm unsure at what you mean when you said you're "left with someone else's phone number".  Can you clarify what you mean by that?

As for the wait to change your phone number, Public Mobile only allows one phone number change per month.  I highly suspect, although not 100% sure, that a moderator can in fact, override that.

As for porting in your phone number, please make sure that you keep that old phone number and service active at that provider.  You need to do that or the phone number transfer won't work.

Tbbbb

Thank you but the moderator says I have to wait a month before I can change the number??? This is so messed up

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tbbbbwrote:

So your port has not gone through and a Moderator has said that you need to wait a month before you can change your number again, but in the meantime you can make calls and texts by not receive any.  But this is someone else's number?  This sounds like a stuck port issue and should be resolved by mods now and not have to wait a month.  @Mary_M, or @Shazia_K, as it sounds like this member has already private messaged a moderator are you able to give advice on this.  Seems a little weird to have to wait 30 days of the port never went through.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.