cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvement over Virgin

Willaug56
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I will give PM credit over Virgin, I am not getting those annoying roaming messages when I go down into my basement or drive to Brockville from here we are across the river from the States

9 REPLIES 9

Signal cannot be different. It's exactly the same.

Willaug56
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think it's better I have only found only one dead spot which is in Williamsburg

@mh1983, Bell and Telus share their networks, across the country.  It’s effectively the same network.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Virgin uses the Bell network, not the Telus network.

@MoreYummy, yes, but the poster may have PM directly selected in their network connection, and not letting it auto select.  If the US signal is providing a stronger signal, their phone doesn’t see it.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Isnt virgin using same network as telus?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Willaug56 wrote:

I will give PM credit over Virgin, I am not getting those annoying roaming messages when I go down into my basement or drive to Brockville from here we are across the river from the States

@Willaug56I would to a manual newtwork search and select pm as your carrier.  if you live so close to the border you might accedently switch to a usa carrier and that will cause you not to receive any calls.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Willaug56, always good to see new happy customers.  Just to let you know, both services run on the same shared network.  It's differences in service implemention that you are seeing.  

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Willaug56 wrote:

Glad you are happy.

Need Help? Let's chat.