cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignorant CSR/Mods?

v2131111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have my credit card registered for the $2 Auto Pay Credit but like most people on here I play it safe by manually toping up before the renewal. This message came in after the official announcement and after the official text. CSR/MODS of cell phone Companies are unreal and will do anything to get rid of you. Screenshot_20191024_141649_com.android.chrome.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

@Korth wrote:

Sorry, I'm not convinced that screenshot is legit. 

Every interaction I've ever had with the mods has been in public threads, in private messages, and (very rarely) in emails. Which are all always prefaced and concluded with very identifiable scripted catchphrases. I've even seen the most informal follow-up one-word-and-smiley interactions surrounded by PM's "text envelope" - I've even seen it on an internal PM-to-PM msg which was mistakenly sent to my mailbox. The conspicuous lack of PM's "signature" strongly suggests (to me) that PM didn't write that screenshot message. 

I see great variation in messages posted and sent privately to me by Public Mobile. It's not unheard of for there to be occassionally incorrect given by a moderator, obviously not deliberately, but because people are human.  We also need to remember there are many new moderators who have just joined Public Mobile as has become clear from looking through the Community username list.

Sorry, I'm not convinced that screenshot is legit. 

Every interaction I've ever had with the mods has been in public threads, in private messages, and (very rarely) in emails. Which are all always prefaced and concluded with very identifiable scripted catchphrases. I've even seen the most informal follow-up one-word-and-smiley interactions surrounded by PM's "text envelope" - I've even seen it on an internal PM-to-PM msg which was mistakenly sent to my mailbox. The conspicuous lack of PM's "signature" strongly suggests (to me) that PM didn't write that screenshot message. 

@88cranston wrote:

And....please....spell ignorant properly!!

I did my public service for the evening.  I corrected the spelling in the title.  Happy?

v2131111

@computergeek541 wrote:

@v2131111 I have no way of knowing if the payment went through on your card or not.  That doesn't matter though as long as the card that you have on file is valid and as long as the payment is made (using any valid method) before the payment is due. My suggestion would be to open another ticket.

If autopay fails and a manual payment is made after that, then yes, you'd lose the autopay reward but I know that's not the point that you're trying to make.

Regardless of you knowing or not about the situation. This Mods claims there are no issues on there end but we all know there is Announcement and official text that went out about the Rewards issues but Mod claims in order to get the Auto Pay Credit your payment must go through on your credit card. 

v2131111

@88cranston wrote:

As long as the other person understands thats all it matters. Thanks for you Spelling Police for pointing it out.  Also just to let you know spelling police smart phones have this thing called Auto Correct which sometimes puts the wrong word/spelling rather than the one you intended to put. 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@v2131111 I have no way of knowing if the payment went through on your card or not.  That doesn't matter though as long as the card that you have on file is valid and as long as the payment is made (using any valid method) before the payment is due. My suggestion would be to open another ticket.

If autopay fails and a manual payment is made after that, then yes, you'd lose the autopay reward but I know that's not the point that you're trying to make.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston wrote:

So if you add funds to your account to buy Add-Ons and don't do it right away. Then if your monthly plan is paid in full from your balance (that you probably put there with your credit card that is associated with your acccount) you won't get your auto-pay credit even though you have is set up properly to do so?

No, funding your account ahead of the renewal, whether from credit card or vouchers, does not void your autopay reward. As long as your autopay is activated with a credit card on file, you'll get the reward even if you don't actually draw upon the card at renewal time. I have my account paid up for MANY cycles to come and I still get the autopay rewards every time.

v2131111

@88cranston wrote:

So if you add funds to your account to buy Add-Ons and don't do it right away. Then if your monthly plan is paid in full from your balance (that you probably put there with your credit card that is associated with your acccount) you won't get your auto-pay credit even though you have is set up properly to do so?

According the ignorant Mod Yes but that is not the case. With Public Mobile you get the Auto Pay Credit as long as the credit is registered. Even if you manually top up because a lot of people do that here because they don't have full faith in Public Mobile's Auto Top. 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need Help? Let's chat.