cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you have unlimited text and picture messaging does this count towards data

Winger19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

4 REPLIES 4

The microphone icon on the keyboard should not consume data if you're simply speaking to write the message.  I use it frequently in Messages and Signal on my android device for this purpose.

If you're using an assistant such as Siri or the Android Assistant, chances are that it needs to go to the internet to get a response for you, before displaying.

@Winger19It depends on which app you are using for "voice input for text messages does this "incur" data use Mbs". Most phone OS has a feature that will limit data usage to cell phone or wifi for each individual apps.. it would probably be easier for you to use that feature for each of your apps to limit data usage.

Winger19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you

I keep turning off mobile data on an android device to conserve data... if I want to use voice input for text messages does this "incur" data use Mbs?

So to be conservative with data...probably leave mobile data on... but do not go on search pages or Google etc... emails come thru... texts with pics ....fine

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Winger19 It does not count towards your data usage, but you do need to have data on to use it.
Need Help? Let's chat.