cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If phone is shut off, will missed calls be displayed on call log?

Lionheart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If my phone was shut off for a few hours, will missed calls be displayed on the call log?

I know some other phone providers have a feature where they send customers a text message with time and date of a missed call and I was wondering if Public Mobile has a similar notification feature to let us know if we missed any calls while our phone was off. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Lionheart wrote:

If my phone was shut off for a few hours, will missed calls be displayed on the call log?

I know some other phone providers have a feature where they send customers a text message with time and date of a missed call and I was wondering if Public Mobile has a similar notification feature to let us know if we missed any calls while our phone was off. Thanks!

No missed call alerts at Public but it's not because they're a budget provider. Bell and Telus don't do it either. Fredom, Rogers, and Fido send a text about missed calls when phone is back on.

Phones don"t know about calls when phone is off so if won't show in your call log.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Lionheart wrote:

This is a no frills provider. If the caller doesn't leave a voicemail the only place where you can see missed calls is the usage history in your self serve account. Having said that, and I need to double check in my call history, I don't think you will be able to retrieve the number of the caller.

Grrr, my whole text was just sent to nirwana - it sucks to participate in this community tonight!!!

Let's try this again:

Here's a sample calling history

- to be read from bottom to top

- the system records incoming or system initiated calls and texts in ET, calls initiated by the phone's dialer in local time

- red is my phone number, blue my friend's, the visible one is the voice mail number for my area

call-out-in.jpg

Context:

- when my friend called me at 10:52 PT my phone was not connected to a tower, the call went directly to voice mail without ringing on my phone. -> note that there is no indication of this being an incoming call, the system treats it as a call from my phone number to my voice mail!

- my phone reconnected to the tower at 10:54 PT and I got the voice mail notification

- checked my voice mail box at 10:55 PT

- returned my friend's call at 10:57 PT but since they were driving it went to their voice mail

- finally, at 11:03 PT my friend called me back and  I was able to take the call

Conclusion:

If your phone is off or not connected to a tower for a bit, your self serve usage history will show missed calls. But, unless the person leaves a voice mail, you have no way knowing who called.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lionheart wrote:

Call log? Which call log? The online account call log? Or your phone call log?

No text messages here but...try it out. See if it shows up on the account call log.

Edit just as wetcoaster wrote the below: so I checked it out and wetcoaster is right...you can see that it went to voicemail but the source number is your own.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Lionheart wrote:

This is a no frills provider. If the caller doesn't leave a voicemail the only place where you can see missed calls is the usage history in your self serve account. Having said that, and I need to double check in my call history, I don't think you will be able to retrieve the number of the caller.

Need Help? Let's chat.