cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I do not use my phone for few months, what would be the best way (paying least)to keep the number

I understand I can turn off auto payment, then without pay for 89 days then pay lowest plan like $10 per month plan for one month,  then after one month, let the phone go without paying 89 days for one month... then 89 days...   Is this the best way to keep phone number and pay least?

Also, can I purchase "Add-on minutes without base plan?  

I just use phone very casually, for emergency onlys.

Thanks

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: If I do not use my phone for few months, what would be the best way (paying least)to keep the nu

@HHZ wrote:

I understand I can turn off auto payment, then without pay for 89 days then pay lowest plan like $10 per month plan for one month,  then after one month, let the phone go without paying 89 days for one month... then 89 days...   Is this the best way to keep phone number and pay least?

Thanks

What you described is pretty much the only way to go about it. After 90 days your account is gone, so a payment once every three billing cycles is about all you can do. As for the add-on, someone else will have to answer that.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: If I do not use my phone for few months, what would be the best way (paying least)to keep the nu

Switch to $10 plan for 3 months and you could always change plans. I think you need a base plan in order to get the add-on.

Mayor / Maire

@HHZ wrote:

Thanks

@Triguy is right the add-on need to have a plan....And this solution with no payment will not allow you to call or text!! Just to keep your phone number and account. The best way for an emergency phone is to have the 10$ plan and pay for it every 30 days!Smiley Happy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, You have your phone for "Emergency Only".  Only to dial 911?

A cell phone without a SIM or plan can call 911. Hangouts or Whatsapp (any many others) can be used to talk and text on WIFI for Free.

For a bit of Talk/Text the $10 plan is cheap. With autopay on -$2. So $8x12months=$96 per year. Refer a few friends to Public Mobile and  it will be even less.

Mayor / Maire

@HHZ 

It sounds like you are looking for 7-11 Speakout pay-as-you-go at 30 cents/minutes.  Minimum topup is $25 and expires in 1 year.  If you topup before 1 year, the remaining fund will be rolled over to next year.  There is a fixed $1.25 charge per month.  It costs your $15/year to keep your phone number.

You cannot buy add-on minutes if you don't have a active PM plan.

Hi, Speakout charges $1.25/month 911 fee. Texts are .15 each. If it s just to hold the number, it could work. :-)

I’m interpreting the question to be what the least expensive way to have no service for maybe 3, 4 or 5 months and then when things are back to normal the level of use is very minimal, almost emergency only service. Obviously having service for a month and then not paying for almost three months is a dangerous form of emergency on service!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HHZ For your usage as emergency situation, it may be a better off to use Speakout under 7Eleven. You can have $25 prepaid card and good for a year.

Mayor / Maire

@HHZ please see here for the best guide to what you're looking to do, courtesy of community member @Luddite :  Luddite's Extended Absence

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.