cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying a private/unknown number

MoSmith05
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Past few days, I've had a private/unknown number continuosly call my phone. When I pick up, there is nothing but silence. So I proceeded to set my phone to block all private and unknown numbers. They then proceeded to leave voicemails. I installed an app to block voicemails from private numbers. That has solved both issues, but my recent calls is getting spammed by these calls from Private/Unknown number. I don't believe this is a bot/spam caller from a telemarketer because there is no pattern to the time they're call nor are telemarketing that frequent or presistent. So I definitely think it's someone being an **bleep**. Is there a way for me to find out who this private number is? Similar to *69, which I tried and it said my plan "did not cover such a call"? I remember there was the "TrapCall" app, but from the research I did, it seems to have been blocked by CRTC in Canada. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

CQS will give all the info you need (actually; it was called CQS over on Bell network, Telus/Rogers possibly have a different name for it)

Speak to a proffesional because there can be very serious legal ramifications if you use it

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

I don't have any firm kwowldge on this subject, but I would imagine that the phone companies would have be required to keep track of this information for legal obligations. I also believe that Public Mobile can potentially see who called you even if the phone number informaiton isn't transmitted to the end-user.  I'm not certain if Public Mobile will share this phone number information with you but you can always ask. 

Yes, and they only release the information to the police.  So OP will need to go to the police and file a formal complaint.  Be sure to provide date and time for at least a couple calls so the police have something to go to the phone company with.  

It all helps too if the police in your area have time to deal with annoying phone calls.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MoSmith05 wrote:

Thank you. How do I go about contacting PM for that? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Include your name, phone number, address, pin, email, and a short description.

MoSmith05
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. How do I go about contacting PM for that? 

I don't have any firm kwowldge on this subject, but I would imagine that the phone companies would have be required to keep track of this information for legal obligations. I also believe that Public Mobile can potentially see who called you even if the phone number informaiton isn't transmitted to the end-user.  I'm not certain if Public Mobile will share this phone number information with you but you can always ask. 

Need Help? Let's chat.