cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish to go back to public mobile with old account

javhaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transfered to koodo last month due to price increase of 5$ in old legacy program. Now that i see better plan on public mobile, i wish to take it. Unfortunately, i'm unable to get the plan on my old account email address. Is there any ways to fix it? Also, dunnot know why public mobile is pushing us to koodo but they suck...

11 REPLIES 11

@guinness22wrote:

If koodo prepay was  same as Pm prices then switch. But Not Go Post Paid as it risky on the bills .

The data plans they have been offering PM customer is Shock Free data meaning you have to physically acknowledge that you wish to use the data if you have reached your limit.  It just doesn't go into data overages without you knowing and  having a choice.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@javhaawrote:

How does it work when it comes to my old phone number? will i get to keep it? 

When you register with Public Mobile again, you can port your existing number back to Public Mobile.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@torontokriswrote:

@javhaawrote:

I transfered to koodo last month due to price increase of 5$ in old legacy program. Now that i see better plan on public mobile, i wish to take it. Unfortunately, i'm unable to get the plan on my old account email address. Is there any ways to fix it? Also, dunnot know why public mobile is pushing us to koodo but they suck...

If your going from koodo to public mobile try to change your koodo email then go to pm. There is an issue with the systems when your email is the same. I went from koodo to pm so changed my koodo email to a second email then moved. However I wasn't with pm before so not sure if that changes things.

as a tip... Maybe call koodo retentions first see if they can match the plan or help out with a bonus to keep you. 

The funny thing is that you can go from PM to Koodo with the same email, but not the other way around. Smiley LOL

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If koodo prepay was  same as Pm prices then switch. But Not Go Post Paid as it risky on the bills .

guinness22

Yes so many add on prices on koodo it's never 45 a month . 

javhaa

How does it work when it comes to my old phone number? will i get to keep it? 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@javhaawrote:

There's no reason you can't return to PM, the system blocking out an "already registered" email address is just a minor technical barrier.

You can try this gmail trick suggested by @NDesai

I think the best solution is to create a new, temporary, disposable free email account - gmail, hotmail, yahoo, just pick one you don't already use.  Use it to register a new account with PM, get everything up and running again, then login to your profile and change the settings to your preferred email, message the mods if this doesn't work and they can probably do for you from their end.

Don't forget that your Self-Serve account and your PM Community account are separate things and both need the same email address if you want Community Rewards to be applied correctly.

And if your old PM SIM card was deactivated then it can't be reactivated, ever, you'll need a new PM SIM card.  You'll probably have to pay for it upfront, though if you ask the mods they might refund you the price (and even transfer any unused balance over from your old account).

javhaa

The yucky part with koodos is every change u decide to take. They charge you 10$? The part where u have to pay 2$ for internet blocking. Little things make me want to choose something else

guinness22

Just make an new email account then it will work . I have one email for my phone plans and other for my personal life 

PJC

If you use gmail, you can use the gmail alias trick that many use.

For example, if your e-mail is publicmobile@gmail.com, you can use public.mobile@gmail.com (putting a period anywhere in your e-mail) and the e-mails will still get sent to your original email.

torontokris

@javhaawrote:

If your going from koodo to public mobile try to change your koodo email then go to pm. There is an issue with the systems when your email is the same. I went from koodo to pm so changed my koodo email to a second email then moved. However I wasn't with pm before so not sure if that changes things.

as a tip... Maybe call koodo retentions first see if they can match the plan or help out with a bonus to keep you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.