cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I will be travelling India. I want to stay connected with Canada and need talk + text+ data. Do publ

siv_sarkar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be travelling India. I want to stay connected with Canada and need talk + text+ data in my mobile. Do public has any package forthis? Or, any other suggestion from anybody else? I thank you in advance to everybody who participate in this discussion.

7 REPLIES 7

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was in Washington, DC last week for a day and unfortunately lost my roam mobility sim while going through the airport as I put in my jacket pocket as I left the house.

I popped into a T Mobile store and told them the situation and just wanted data and $10 later (which included the sim) walked away with a 1 gb of data for a week. I doubt you could do that this cheap anywhere in Canada. I hotspotted my brother for the day and still only used half a gig.

siv_sarkar

Thank you!

@siv_sarkar,

Your phone remain unlocked for life when you unlock it.

Enjoy your trip in India !

siv_sarkar

I unlocked my phone before travelling in U.S.A. Hope my phone is still unlocked. Thanks.

siv_sarkar

Thank you for your suggestion. I unlocked my phone while I travelled U.S.A.  I hope once unlocked, it is open for ever. So I just have to buy a local SIM with talk + text + data. Thanks again for your suggestion.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
And to add to what Cyber has said, probably be cheaper if you go that route if you need a hand unlocking let us know what phone you have and should be able to point you in right direction.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@siv_sarkar,

Public Mobile is only a canadian telecom business. They do not offer ROAMING outside Canada.

You can unlock your phone and use a local SIM card from India to have a local number from India.

Need Help? Let's chat.