cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a refund now! Bull**bleep** service

Seabass88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My first month I got ripped off and a huge I conveience! I just paid this month and I’m tired of this. I just want my money back now

13 REPLIES 13

RohanRon_ON
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have found the 3G service is quite good. I live in Windsor, ON and pay for the 3G data on my customized plan. I've been able to get 80 Mbps download speed in the afternoons and over 120 Mbps in the night. 

Of course, crowded larger cities may encounter slower speeds but I'm not able to check that. 

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I do understand that, i never said the customer service is bad because i my self recieved great custmoer service. What i meant was there is no cutomer service through the phone or in person, and i am sorry but i udnerstand that i should have been more clearer. 

@thychi wrote:

When signing up for Public Mobile I was aware there would be no instant support (call centre/ kiosk), what I didn't expect was what the frequent and continued glitches would mean for my cell service. 

If someone was considering signing up for Public Mobile now I would ask them, "Would you be okay with no cellphone service (call/text/data) for a 24 hr or more period?"

- During the last large glitch someone was the coordinator for an event and people needed to be able to get in contact with them during the period of the event

- A business owner whose business partners need to be able to reach their cell or they'll lose business

- Someone whose primary means of contact is their cell and is expecting an important call etc.

I would not recommend Public Mobile for someone who may find themselves in such situations. The MODS are very helpful, but until a mod replies the nature of a glitch on a pre-paid only system is you get no service at all, and no way of getting it fixed if you need it to be fixed right away. 

The fact that there are still glitches that have been reported for months now such as on self-serve it showing that accounts are 'suspended' during renewal periods that is still not resolved shows that Public Mobile isn't a priority for Telus. 

@thychi

While I agree that that statement on the account page should be fixed together with all the other glitches (as it might prompt people to manually interfere with the process)... very few PM customers are actually loosing service during renewal. The recommendation is to stay away from self serve during the renewal period and only take action if you loose service.

As for 100% up-time... there isn't a single communication service provider who can guarantee that. I personally found the turn-around time from the moderators to be faster than spending hours on hold for phone support from all the other providers I have been with. I'd say your statement re not getting things fixed asap is relative at best.

But obviously people's needs vary and PM isn't the magic bullet for everyone. 

Here is @Luddite's take on being prepared and 100% reachable:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

thychi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When signing up for Public Mobile I was aware there would be no instant support (call centre/ kiosk), what I didn't expect was what the frequent and continued glitches would mean for my cell service. 

If someone was considering signing up for Public Mobile now I would ask them, "Would you be okay with no cellphone service (call/text/data) for a 24 hr or more period?"

- During the last large glitch someone was the coordinator for an event and people needed to be able to get in contact with them during the period of the event

- A business owner whose business partners need to be able to reach their cell or they'll lose business

- Someone whose primary means of contact is their cell and is expecting an important call etc.

I would not recommend Public Mobile for someone who may find themselves in such situations. The MODS are very helpful, but until a mod replies the nature of a glitch on a pre-paid only system is you get no service at all, and no way of getting it fixed if you need it to be fixed right away. 

The fact that there are still glitches that have been reported for months now such as on self-serve it showing that accounts are 'suspended' during renewal periods that is still not resolved shows that Public Mobile isn't a priority for Telus. 

@passiveegg wrote:

I really do not understand why you want a refund and want to leave public mobile. It is owned by Telus who right now have the fastest LTE speeds in Canada. YOu can always try getting a better plan that has LTE speeds, yes ofcourse PM does not have customer service reps but that is a reason why prices are really cheap. It cuts costs down.

@passiveegg

Just a reminder that just because PM's business model doesn't offer phone support nor includes kiosks does not mean that there is no customer service / no customer service representatives. The moderators might not carry the title but they provide the best customer service I have ever received from a Canadian cell phone provider.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I really do not understand why you want a refund and want to leave public mobile. It is owned by Telus who right now have the fastest LTE speeds in Canada. YOu can always try getting a better plan that has LTE speeds, yes ofcourse PM does not have customer service reps but that is a reason why prices are really cheap. It cuts costs down. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thymaster couple things

1) 3g  is actually LTE which has been throttled to 3mbs.  

2) the 3g plans are comarable to chatr and lucky mobile offers

3) the LTE plans apart from current the 10gb offer out there were rypically better priced last time I checked.

4) no one network offers a solution that will meet everyone's needs. People are free to look and compare and find what suits them best.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thymaster wrote:

and 3G service is somewhat of the stone age.

Just to let you (and other readers who stumble into this thread) know, that Public Mobile runs on the Telus network, one of the best networks in Canada.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Seabass88,

I hope everything is taken care for you. The mods will look after you.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Seabass88 wrote:

My first month I got ripped off and a huge I conveience! I just paid this month and I’m tired of this. I just want my money back now

@Seabass88 I am sorry to hear, please contact MOD, there will take care of you, welcome to PM please be patient, MOD will take care of you

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

if /when refunds are actually given, they ae handled by a different department and from what i remember it can  take several (not sure how many) business days. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Seabass88 wrote:

@Seabass88

Have you contacted the moderator team (= Public Mobile employees) as was suggested to you yesterday? It's the only way to get help with account problems.

Here is the info again:

The mods are working on a first come, first serve basis, but I think they have left for the day today. They will get back to you as soon a they can tomorrow morning.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

thymaster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Welcome to PM where their motto is to drive customer's away. Their plans really suck and 3G service is somewhat of the stone age.

Need Help? Let's chat.