cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: I think my number has been hijacked. HELP HELP HELP

@s3rj wrote:

Nope, still without a phone the only thing I managed to do before I lost the account was suspend it, and now I just have to keep trying the password to keep the account locked up.

@s3rj  Not sure I understand, if the hijacker was able to  get the moderators to change the email address on your account how is that going to keep the account locked up by trying your password?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

simple, the password is wrong so I keep trying it and ends up lcoking the account for too many failed attempts.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@s3rj Again the account username is the email. If the hijacker was able to get into your account and swap sims then they could have requested to change the account email to one that they control. How are you so sure this didn't happen.?

Highlighted

entirely possible, I just do it now as a "feel better about the situation" method.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@geopublic wrote:

@s3rj Again the account username is the email. If the hijacker was able to get into your account and swap sims then they could have requested to change the account email to one that they control. How are you so sure this didn't happen.?

That is possible, but wouldn't s3rj get an error message that there is no account with that email?

Highlighted

If I try an old email I used, I can put the wrong password in all day and it does nothing, but if I use the correct email after three attempts it locks the account.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It is really strange that they didn't change the email address yet.

Did you attempt to call the number recently from hangouts or some free voip?

Highlighted

yeah they must have the phone off or something as I only get voice mail now.