cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think my number has been hijacked. HELP HELP HELP

s3rj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

not sure this is where this belongs but I think someone has hijacked my number, I need help NOW
my phone says my sim is not registered to the network and when I called my number someone picked up on the other end that obviously wasn't me, this needs attention NOW.

37 REPLIES 37

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you may want suspend your credit card if you have autopay too

oglat

you have to send the message to moderators, and put urgent in the title https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@s3rjAs I mentioned in your other thread, you should contact the moderators.. but expect to hear back from them in up to 48 hours. Timely techical support is all we gave up for a few bucks off a month.

Honestly there are more immediate fires you should put out (changing your banking password, have another number ready etc).. than try chasing down this number, while the person is impersonating you. The ship has already sailed unfortunately.

s3rj

the moment I said a single word he hung up and I think he turned his phone off, then I think he changed my password I tried to change the password but I think he changed it first, but the sim card number is not the same as the one I have in my phone right now, I need this fixed NOW.

I used my phone not but an hour earlier.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@s3rjOnce the number has been ported out, there isn't anything you or Public Mobile can do about the number. The immediate thing is to disable all your 2FA authentication that relies on the number, eg banks etc. Reset all your passwords and myabe put a credit watch alert with Equifax etc.

Do check your selfserve account.. can you still get in?

You can contact the moderators but be expect to wait 48 hours to hear back from them.

oglat

Did you talk to the person?

Can you log into your account?https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

When was the last time you used your phone successfuly?

s3rj

my phone says my sim is not registered to the network and when I called my number some **bleep** picked up on the other end that obviously wasn't me, this needs attention NOW.

Need Help? Let's chat.