cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: I think my number has been hijacked. HELP HELP HELP

@s3rj wrote:

not sure this is where this belongs but I think someone has hijacked my number, I need help NOW
my phone says my sim is not registered to the network and when I called my number someone picked up on the other end that obviously wasn't me, this needs attention NOW.

@s3rj Check to make sure your email hasn't also been hacked. If you can't access it then that's not good and you need to get that resolved ASAP.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use a high security system that needs a special encrypted key for outside access to my email. so it is secure.

Mayor / Maire

@s3rj wrote:

I use a high security system that needs a special encrypted key for outside access to my email. so it is secure.

@s3rj Good to know. Just curious to find out how they were able to get into your selfserve. That why I'm always suspicious when I see posts of users that just signup minutes before posting:

"Hi, I just lost my phone don't remember my username or security question need to access my account please help."

That's is why I have requested on many occasions the ability to lock my PM account via selfserve so that an account reset by a moderator is prohibited. Hopefully that changes but I won't hold my breadth.

Highlighted

So it seems the user name is still the same but the password has been changed. but when I request to reset my password it never send the email.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@s3rjI would chalk it to a false positive.. as Public Mobile doesn't seem to ever erase an email. It is likely disabled.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@s3rj wrote:

So it seems the user name is still the same but the password has been changed. but when I request to reset my password it never send the email.

@s3rj It's possible to message the moderators and ask them to change the email on the account. So maybe that is what happened here.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@s3rj wrote:

Did you check your filters? 

Did you get any response from mods?

Anything strange with your credit card? That can't do much with it really, but still they may have tried to do an upgrade.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@geopublic wrote:

@s3rj wrote:

@s3rj Good to know. Just curious to find out how they were able to get into your selfserve. That why I'm always suspicious when I see posts of users that just signup minutes before posting:

"Hi, I just lost my phone don't remember my username or security question need to access my account please help."

That's is why I have requested on many occasions the ability to lock my PM account via selfserve so that an account reset by a moderator is prohibited. Hopefully that changes but I won't hold my breadth.

I was thinking about that not long ago actually.

Even if you would force people to create the community account those who don't use it would probably end up with another account just created and the message ' just lost my phone and can't remember my user name for either self serve nor original community account'. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you ever get your issue solved? 

Highlighted

Nope, still without a phone the only thing I managed to do before I lost the account was suspend it, and now I just have to keep trying the password to keep the account locked up.