cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I "activated" my service on my iPhone4s 3 weeks ago and have had absolutely NO service, at all...

NR23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There's no number that I can use to actually speak to someone, how do I cancel my service and get my money back?

11 REPLIES 11

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Only SIM setup that should be done is through an activation process, following poster it was already been done

DK
Just as an FYI if an iPhone is not unlocked to a specific carrier it will boot you out to the activation screen and try to reactivate it.

If you not getting that the phone should be good for PM. Other than that maybe the sim isn't setup properly.

benwarez

Check on PM compatibility site if phone has not been declared lost, pull sim, power cycle, reset all network settings, restaure iphone using latest itunes version, update to latest ios, if none helps, try sim on different phone.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @NR23 - Please ensure that the phone you're using uis compatible with Public Mobile. Also send us a Web form to look into your account set up by going to Contact Us and selecting Email Away.

DK
Sorry but as previous poster has said this is not PM fault by the sounds of it. You might want to revisit this store and see what or how they setup this sim. The sim has to be registered via login and then assigned a phone number by you from a few that popup in a window.

Did they charge you for the setup?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
You might want to go back there because PM doesn't have any stores so they must be selling Sim cards from there old left over stock.

NR23

I didn't do the set up myself, I went to one of the PM stores that got shut down and was re-opened as an independent seller.
When the SIM was put into the phone, it said no service.
So far I've been told to try changing my number, taking out the SIM waiting a few minutes then putting it back in, shutting it on and off, and switching it on and off airplane mode. Nothing has changed.

DK
You must have logged in to activate the SIM card and get a phone number. Did the phone not give you cell signal after you popped in the activated sim?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
PM is a Prepaid Cell company so no Refunds on prepaid service with all provider in this country. Also before you signed up you should have known that PM is a self serve phone company this you are not entitled to phone support

NR23

It's the unlimited talk and text plan.

DK
What service did you sign up for exactly! Is it voice, text and data or just voice , text?

If you have data you have to configure your phone's APN settings for data and upgrade the iOS to 8.1.3!

Let us know what the issue is with what plan you have. We are just fellow community members trying to help.
Need Help? Let's chat.