cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I put money but can't use my phone

jessica_Gr90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a little struggle and when 1 or 2 week without putting money in my phone after past due. So i put the amount i need. It says my account is active and all good. But i can't give/receive texts and when i try to call someone it says its not urban and i need to add it on my plan.. 

Anyone know what to do? I tried to close my phone and reopen it but its not working.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

I am aware of the nominal top up being helpful to restore service in certain cases.  I did not know that toggling lost/stolen phone can do the same thing.  In my case, it is weird the account sat is suspended state for several days and uncleared itself on its own.  Anyway, the behavior has been reported and is being looked at.  If they find anything worth reporting, I will mention it in the forum. 

Whatever it takes to get people on their way is the intent of these workarounds. They're ridiculous workarounds but gossarnit they work.

I seem to think credit goes to Dunkman on these and now we're all suggesting it to customers.

Either are just a back door way to give the system another avenue to kick the service in the pants to get going. It's exploiting the code in the software.

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am yes it's a new workaround just like adding a nominal top-up. It appears to have helped in several instances  of late.

Some additional details: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

I am aware of the nominal top up being helpful to restore service in certain cases.  I did not know that toggling lost/stolen phone can do the same thing.  In my case, it is weird the account sat is suspended state for several days and uncleared itself on its own.  Anyway, the behavior has been reported and is being looked at.  If they find anything worth reporting, I will mention it in the forum. 

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jessica_Gr90 wrote:

I had a little struggle and when 1 or 2 week without putting money in my phone after past due. So i put the amount i need. It says my account is active and all good. But i can't give/receive texts and when i try to call someone it says its not urban and i need to add it on my plan.. 

Anyone know what to do? I tried to close my phone and reopen it but its not working.

Go into your self-serve and enable the lost/stolen feature. Log out. Wait a few minutes and log back in and disable the lost/stolen feature. Log out. Restart phone.

See if that works.

Is this lost/stolen phone toggle a new workaround?  I suspended an account using the lost/stolen phone feature and then when I tried to renew, I undid the lost phone, paid for the service and the account did not renew.  It sat it suspended state asking for more money.  Meanwhile the payment history shows a successful payment already.  Interestingly, the account switched over to active status without any intervention 3 days later.  When the moderators responded back to me on day 4, the account was already in active status and working.  They were kind of wondering why I needed help. 

William I think the difference between your case and this one is that they had already paid for their account it says active but they are getting no service and this step will deactivate the sim and reactivate in  short time.  Whereas you were "finding" your phone then making a payment so I am wondering if your account was suspended and that is why this work around didn't work.  I have no experience with this but would like to be able to try it at sometime and will suggest it as a possible solution.  I can see it working as it will deactivate and reactive the sim to give it that little kick it may need.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am yes it's a new workaround just like adding a nominal top-up. It appears to have helped in several instances  of late.

Some additional details: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

@Anonymous wrote:

@jessica_Gr90 wrote:

Go into your self-serve and enable the lost/stolen feature. Log out. Wait a few minutes and log back in and disable the lost/stolen feature. Log out. Restart phone.

See if that works.

Is this lost/stolen phone toggle a new workaround?  I suspended an account using the lost/stolen phone feature and then when I tried to renew, I undid the lost phone, paid for the service and the account did not renew.  It sat it suspended state asking for more money.  Meanwhile the payment history shows a successful payment already.  Interestingly, the account switched over to active status without any intervention 3 days later.  When the moderators responded back to me on day 4, the account was already in active status and working.  They were kind of wondering why I needed help. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

This shouldn't be like that. I would send a message to the moderator so it doesn't happen again when it come sup for renewal.

When a moderator from the moderator team posts a message, they want you to send them a private message. You don't need to report the situation/story in the forum. Wondering why they want you to contact them directly? The moderator team will need to ask you some private information that you really don't want the forum and the world know such as your PIN number, account information, phone number and maybe an email address. Unfortunately, the moderators are done for the day, and won't return until later this morning. 

Be advised, at this time, the moderator team is closed for the night. 

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order, they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on the message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

try enabling  lost stolen phone in selfserve then 5-10 minutes later click found

see if that helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jessica_Gr90 wrote:

See if that works.

Need Help? Let's chat.