cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I missed the koodo swapping deal

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do i have a option to switch to koodo now or its too late already ?

36 REPLIES 36

MK78
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lukevader wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Nsk143 @MK78 Telus is also offering the 10 Gb deal and they have VoLTE I think. But you must go to a kiosk to activate. 

You have to remember this though. Telus offers their vm3 plan. It sucks. Koodo has regular voice mail. Telus is also only offering canada wide texting, koodo is the same as public mobile offering international texting 

Does that include Visual Voicemail for iPhones on Telus?

jeffster1970

@JDT wrote:

too bad it's gone.  $50/5GB is a good deal

How things change in only 4 days....just crazy.

lukevader

@Luddite wrote:

@Nsk143 @MK78 Telus is also offering the 10 Gb deal and they have VoLTE I think. But you must go to a kiosk to activate. 

You have to remember this though. Telus offers their vm3 plan. It sucks. Koodo has regular voice mail. Telus is also only offering canada wide texting, koodo is the same as public mobile offering international texting 

MK78

Thanks... Still, i'm  not too keen to switch at this time. VoLTE/WiFi calling were features I lost going from Rogers to PM, but It's been over a year now and it's not really been that big of a deal...

What's nice is that Name Caller ID started to work on PM a few months ago as discussed in a thread, and that's more useful to me...

So far I haven't seen anything out there that would make me switch, also PM hasn't done anything to make me want to leave yet. So far the service has been excellent, and I haven't needed customer service yet.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MK78 wrote:

Does Koodo offer VoLTE and/or WiFi calling?

@MK78,

No, not at this point.

MK78

Does Koodo offer VoLTE and/or WiFi calling?

Wonder_why

@will13am wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

I am sure the Promo will come back again

Oh, can you lend me your time machine?  I would be forever grateful.  Mine is in the shop getting repaired.  

@will13am see I said it, not too long Koodo reponse Cat Happy way better than 5GB Data LOL

lukevader

@MK78 look at it for the long run..... giving up 1 month of pp service is a small price to pay for long term benefits. Or just get a new number, try it out and use 2 sims till it's closer to the end of your term. I picked up k.. today and my plan doesn't end till feb10. I might also move again depending on what t.. offers tomorrow. 

Michael77

@JDT wrote:

Yes this is definitely an unbeatable deal.  I guess the only thing that might be better would be a lower cost deal with less data.  I mean who actually needs 10gb...?  A $40-50 version with less data would better for most people, I think.

Yes, if Koodo offered PM customers the same plan now offered by the competition ($40- 4 gigs, unlimited Canada-wide calling) then I think people would switch to postpaid. 

MK78

Yeah I don't need canada wide, i stay within the province when i travel around to the cottage and other places.

like others said, i dont need 10gb, but if it was $50 for 6gb, i might have switched. But they didn't offer it.

Also I'm paid up till end of January 31st, so I'd have to lose a month worth of money. Not sure if PM refunds anything when you port out and still have balance. I doubt it. That's kind of the one drawback of the 3 months prepaid... It sort of locks you in, even if there's a better deal elsewhere.

lukevader

@MK78 ya it was confusing, this is what I was told

canada wide unlimited calling

international unlimited texting

10gb lte data

all the trimmings call disp, voicemail, conference calling etc

yup pm is great, if u get deep credits and dont need data or cda wide its not worth going anywhere, I'm just going off what you said ealier that if it was 6gb4fifty u would do it.

MK78

Yeah i got to that part, but there are no details whatsoever about the plan. Says details in store...

I get considerable discount on my PM, I'd literally have to pay $30+ more a month to get that 10gb...

lukevader

@MK78 Then koodo good 4u. just make sure it says "on" in the top right hand corner and u should see the 10gb offer

MK78

Toronto, Ontario.

lukevader

@MK78 what province are u located in?

MK78

What's the catch, since on Koodo site 10gb plan costs $115. Is it a limited time promo, like only for a year?

Or are they trying to compete with Freedon.

JDT

Yes this is definitely an unbeatable deal.  I guess the only thing that might be better would be a lower cost deal with less data.  I mean who actually needs 10gb...?  A $40-50 version with less data would better for most people, I think.

lukevader

@Michael77 @bryclops @Acekiller @MK78 @JDT @CalvinW  wakey wakey, hopefully you guys have notify email options on. 10GB for $60 is by far the best deal this December.

Wonder_why

@Nsk143 wrote:

Do i have a option to switch to koodo now or its too late already ?

@Nsk143 you can stilled catch even better deal with koodo , how about 10GB Data for $60 ?

You snooze you going to lose, until 19th of December

Michael77

@bryclops wrote:

@MK78 wrote:

@JDT wrote:

Not good enough for me to switch. I told the Koodo guy who called me, make it 6GB for $50 and I'll do it.

Just not worth it to pay more $15 more for only 1GB extra from my Fall16 promo.

Public Mobile has 6GB for $50 already right now at the 3G speed.  I've stated in other threads that the reduced speed of 2.5mpbs using LTE instead of 3G is pretty good.

I think it is now 3.0mpbs. 🙂

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MK78 wrote:

@JDT wrote:

Not good enough for me to switch. I told the Koodo guy who called me, make it 6GB for $50 and I'll do it.

Public Mobile has 6GB for $50 already right now at the 3G speed.  I've stated in other threads that the reduced speed of 2.5mpbs using LTE instead of 3G is pretty good.

Acekiller

I never got an invite neither, not that i wanted to leave or anything.

MK78

@JDT wrote:

Wonder_why

@Michael77 wrote:

@JDT wrote:

It seems like it is now since Freedom Mobile is offering the exact same deal. I personally feel Freedom's prices are too high especially considering their inferior network. 

I still don't think too many PM customers would switch to the $50/5 gig plan unless the price came down a bit.

@Michael77 I am the one, will never switch to $50, 5 GB Data, I pay 12 GB Data Promo with the rewards under $90 Cat Happy

Michael77

@JDT wrote:

It seems like it is now since Freedom Mobile is offering the exact same deal. I personally feel Freedom's prices are too high especially considering their inferior network. 

I still don't think too many PM customers would switch to the $50/5 gig plan unless the price came down a bit.

Michael77

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

What I found funny about that Promo was that it was offered to my wife and not me.  She uses less data then me and I don't even come close to using half the data I have for my plan.  It was like you want us to pay $10 more for an additional GB of data when I don't even use what I have now?  It just didn't make sense how they were choosing people.

Let's look at this objectively.  Telus want to make more money, not less.  So giving your wife the invite is consistent with maximizing shareholder value.  

I agree with @will13am. 🙂

@ShawnC13 wrote:

What I found funny about that Promo was that it was offered to my wife and not me.  She uses less data then me and I don't even come close to using half the data I have for my plan.  It was like you want us to pay $10 more for an additional GB of data when I don't even use what I have now?  It just didn't make sense how they were choosing people.

Let's look at this objectively.  Telus want to make more money, not less.  So giving your wife the invite is consistent with maximizing shareholder value.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CalvinW

@Wonder_why Don’t think it’s coming back. I didn’t even get the offer the first time. It was targeted at certain customers just like PM’s Wind fiasco 

Need Help? Let's chat.