cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I missed my payment for 3 months

blamtyt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went back to my country for 4 months and forgot to cancel the payment for my phone, and now when I came back my phone turned into no service. I've heard about account canceled after you missed the payment for 3 months. So what can I do to reactivate my account and my SIM card? I would not like to buy a new phone number due to bussiness.
Thanks for reading 

9 REPLIES 9

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Blamtyt,

Thank you for contacting us back! I will be more than happy to help.

Please check your private message! The moderator team answered you 🙂

Best regards,

Moderator Team

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@blamtyt, I'm not sure exactly what's going on.  When was your last official payment, and how many days is your cycle?.  There is still a chance your plan and phone number are just in expired status, and only need a new payment to renew.

Do you have access to sign in to the My Account (self-serve) database, or are you being told the account is terminated?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@blamtyt and this is why it's best just to set up on autopay.  If you know you don't want to lose your number then just set up on autopay, but I guess you took the risk to not be on autopay, not make any payments or forgot.  You should have put a reminder in your phone calendar at least.  But now it's pretty much gone, however you might get lucky and your phone number might still be available if nobody else in your city/province has taken it yet.  

As mentioned already, suggest you get a SIM, go online to activate and check to see if your number is available.  You could message a MOD but you might not get a response for a few days, which then means there will be less of a chance that your number will be available.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@blamtyt

It depends on which carrier who provided you your phone number.  If you got your number from Telus/koodo/PM, you have higher chance to get your number back.  Carrier always leaves the cancelled numbers in a waiting pool for a few months before reuse the number again.  But if your  number was not provided by Telus/Koodo/PM,  your number will be returned to the carrier who gave you that number after your account was canceled.  PM will not be able to give your number back.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days of non-payment your account is deactivated and can't be restored. You do not need to buy a new phone but you will need to get a new SIM card and create a new account. When you are creating an account there is an option to either select an available number or enter a number and check the availability, if your old number is listed as available you can pick it again, if it says it's unavailable then someone else has the number now.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@blamtyt wrote:

I went back to my country for 4 months and forgot to cancel the payment for my phone, and now when I came back my phone turned into no service. I've heard about account canceled after you missed the payment for 3 months. So what can I do to reactivate my account and my SIM card? I would not like to buy a new phone number due to bussiness.
Thanks for reading 

@blamtytIf you forgot to cancel the payment, then your service has been renewing by means of autopay? Maybe only a recent renewal failure? Are you able to log into the account? When was the last payment taken from your payment method?

That part didn't make sense to me but I took it that payment was not made because the phone didn't have any service.

@computergeek541Funny, I was just editing my response to better reflect confusion .

@Jessica_T wrote:

@blamtyt wrote:

Thanks for reading 

@blamtytIf you forgot to cancel the payment, then your service has been renewing by means of autopay? Maybe only a recent renewal failure? Are you able to log into the account? When was the last payment taken from your payment method?

That part didn't make sense to me but I took it that payment was not made because the phone didn't have any service.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@blamtyt wrote:

Thanks for reading 

@blamtytI know you say you missed your payment for 3 months but you also said you forgot to cancel the payment. If you forgot to cancel then your service has been renewing by means of autopay? Maybe only a recent renewal failure or glitch? Are you able to log into the account? When was the last payment taken from your payment method?

@blamtyt wrote:

Thanks for reading 

You can't reactivate.  Your account and phone number are gone.  You might be able to get the phone number back if you activate a brand new account by contacting the moderators to see if the phone number is available, but no promises.  You'll also need a new sim card. 

Need Help? Let's chat.