cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on a grandfathered plan, can I transfer my number without breaking the plan?

VK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

6 REPLIES 6

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @VK - @Luddite's response is correct. If you port your spouse's number on a particular account, the current phone number will dislocate in the database. You can try and escalate to get that number back but neither the phone number retrieval is guaranteed at that point, nor recommended.

@VK, What You should do, Is WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO PORT, another # to assume your GF plan, Email PM ASAP, and see, If they can Retain the Old # Previously attached, to GF plan, and have it attached to Your New Rate Plan(s).

You never know, Unless you at least try

Given that every phone number with PM must have its own account your request is not possible. You can get a new phone number for your current plan, but your current number disappears.

If you port your current PM number to another carrier, or even another PM account, the system assumes you are cancelling your account and you lose the grandfathered plan.

Since you are grandfathered why not call tech support and ask in case I am wrong. It's a perk not available to customers since Jan 27/15.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

VK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks makkahn. I'm of your opinion too.

Basically, I want to port my spouse# to this plan & my # ported to another, I'm just curious to know if this is possible or not.

Your second line concerns me. Is there any Public Mobile support team here who could help me out on this question?

If you have someone port their # to your GF Plan, GF plan is STILL Intact

NOT certain IF OLD # can be retained AFTER wards

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, Your GF Plan is LINKED to the Cell #

IF you Port #, GF plan IS ZAPPED Permanently

Need Help? Let's chat.