no incoming call please help

24 REPLIES 24

Marla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Powering down the phone and removing the sim worked for us.  Thanks 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fijo wrote:

Im am not techinical on such things.I am a Economist by profession and I know my job like the back of my hand, you are the ones who should be having an idea on whats going on, if the are no incoming calls, u are suppose to troubleshoot, this is your everday job.My wife uses P.M. if its possible you transfer my credit to her account coz I havent used P.M..I just loaded the vocher and only if I knew that this is a drama I wouldnt have signed up  with P.M. its not worth the drama.

I tried to Provide you with Help & you don't want it. That is up to you. Obviously then you really aren't losing all those so called business calls that are supposedly costing you money. 

By the how Rude, I hope you don't treat your fellow employees like the way you treat volunteers here who try to help you.

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@fijo Sorry to hear you are not recieving incoming calls or text messages, It seems you are porting your phone number from Fido maybe account info you provided at the time of activation is incorrect or might be Fido have not released the number as of yet.

I did some digging and saw you have already contacted us but you have not provided Fido account information. Can you please click on Contact Us and provide account number or pin number from your Fido account. 

Thanks 

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's not my intention to drive this crazy convo any further but....

@fijo, you are aware that everyone who tried to help you is a volunteer, right?  It's not "their everyday job" as you seem to imply.

fijo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im am not techinical on such things.I am a Economist by profession and I know my job like the back of my hand, you are the ones who should be having an idea on whats going on, if the are no incoming calls, u are suppose to troubleshoot, this is your everday job.My wife uses P.M. if its possible you transfer my credit to her account coz I havent used P.M..I just loaded the vocher and only if I knew that this is a drama I wouldnt have signed up  with P.M. its not worth the drama.

chukdefatey
^You shouldn't be losing any Business, in case you didn't know during the Port Process Time Frame your incoming calls & outgoing calls still go to your old Provider.(also during the Port Process outgoing calls can also be made on your PM Sim) So insert you Fido Sim Card back into your S3 Mini till you loose service on it, then you will know your Port has gone through then insert you PublicMobile Sim Card back to the S3 Mini.

Also rather then spamming this morning you should have provided more details as to what's going so we would have been able to better assist. By saying your incoming calls don't work that doesn't really help so just keep that in mind for future reference.

fijo

Thanks a lot for your help,Its very very unfoturnate for me because this is a bussiness phone,the longer I wait for the porting. I might be out of bussiness as a matter of fact.In  future let us know before we sign up that  Public Mobile has serious problems so as to make the world a better place.

Hello,

When porting has yet to be completed, it is quite common that only outgoing calls can be made. I believe that this explains why you cannot receive telephone calls. Porting should take only 1 to 4 hours to complete, but Public Mobile is in Beta, which is synonymous with unexpected problems. Give it another day, and remember to reboot your phone periodically in order to determine if you can receive calls. Also, if you see a PM team member in the community tomorrow, speak with him or her about your problem by private message.

I hope this helps somewhat.

fijo

No i did not

fijo

No I did not

fijo

Just yesterday and I asked my wife and son to call me,my wife is on public mobile and my son on mobility city

Hi,

Did you ever receive confirmation from Public Mobile that your porting was successful?

Hello,

How long ago did you start the porting process?

fijo

I came with my number from Fido, my phone is sumsung mini s3 and i bought it here in Canada its not on contract.I also realize can't receve picture masage too please help me.

Hello,

Did you recently port (transfer) your number to Public Mobile?

What is the make, model and submodel, if any, of your phone? In which country was it purchased?

Did you ever use it on the Bell or Rogers networks?

fijo

my phone still not working please check again i did everything you said please

chukdefatey
^You can have any APN settings in your Phone it has no effect on incoming calls.

He Probably ported a number and Port hasn't completed or he some how restricted incoming calls on his phone or he may have accidentally or intensionally forwarded his incoming calls to a another number.

Hi,

Have you checked the APN settings to ensure that they conform with Public Mobile's requirements? Also, did you recently port your number from another carrier?

To locate the article dealing with APN settings, click the magnifying glass in the top left corner if you are using the mobile version of this website. Enter APN and then look for the article called APN Settings and Setup Guide. If you are using the full or computer version, the search box is located in the top right portion of the page.

fijo

I tried reboting it,took the sin card and battery for a while,still Im not getting incomimg calls

chukdefatey
Stop Spamming, you have created four threads of the same issue in an hour

chukdefatey
Stop Spamming, you have created four threads of the same issue in an hour

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Have you rebooted your phone? If so, and you still don't have incoming calls, remove the SIM card and battery, if removable, for a minute or so, and then reinsert them, ensuring that they are not loose.

Are you sure that your payments are up to date and that your account has not been suspended for nonpayment?

Has your phone been configured to work on the network?

Is your phone locked to another network?

Is your phone set to 3G and not to 2G?

I look forward to your reply.

fijo

no incoming calls.I need help.I am without contacts and losing a lot of money.i do bussiness with my phone.

fijo

Hi

I am not receiving incoming calls,only outgoing calls.I am new with Public Mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.