cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to make a round trip between Montreal &Ottawa.Can I use GPS with my public mobile network?

one_user
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Will it cover my entire travel without network disruption ? Do we have sufficient network coverage along entire stretch so that GPS on Google maps will keep showing me desired route?
6 REPLIES 6

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

With regard to your trip to Ottawa, you really don't need GPS. Take the Autoroute west into Ontario.Unlike the Surete du Quebec, the Ontario Police Force strictly enforces speed limits.Ontario also has laws against distracted driving, including using your cell or looking at your GPS. Once on the 401 (Macdonald-Cartier Freeway), look for the exit leading to Ottawa. It MAY be called the 117. Upon arriving in Ottawa, buy a map of the city at a service station convenience store, or go to Tourism Ottawa to gather as much information as you wish.

Have a great trip!

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

Google maps consume lot of DATA.

I always use a offlines Garmin GPS. No DATA required !

Free and peace of mind.

yd2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Did you try navmîi it free on Android

one_user
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Great, thanks!!
So, I'll go ahead with my tour with GMaps GPS as offline GPS app doesn't seem to be reliable. Hoping for a smooth journey.....thanks a lot again 🙂

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@one_user wrote:
Will it cover my entire travel without network disruption ? Do we have sufficient network coverage along entire stretch so that GPS on Google maps will keep showing me desired route?

Not Sure if you know this or Not, PM runs on the Bellus Network. This is the same Network that almost all long Haul Truckers, Highway Cops, Government Highways Employees & Highway tow truck drivers use. I hope that answers your question.

yd2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yes sir

as long as you have data plan

or use a offline gps aps

Need Help? Let's chat.