cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm concerned about security of my billing info

skirtjustice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The reason I say this is because for a few times now I have encountered difficulties with entering my account information.

The first time was how I couldn't even figure out how to register 2 devices to manage under one account? Did I totally miss something there?

Then my MMS data apn needed to be manually entered. (Strange)

The next time site billing didn't even have beyond 2024 as a card exp date (now fixed). (Had to get vouchers)

Now there's an error entering my Visa Debit Card because there is not even a separate tab to toggle between card types.

I've used my Visa debit card before and it works fine - so why doesn't it work here?

I phone my bank and they say I have zero requested transactions from Public on visa debit. That I must have filled it out under the credit card tab. 

So again I've triple checked now over 2 days 2 diff devices. What am I to do aside from hours of time wasted on no core support options. 

My concern is that it almost appears to be a lack of professionalism with account management and after all this...

So I'm going across city to "get vouchers" now. 🧐

5 REPLIES 5

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@skirtjustice wrote:

The reason I say this is because for a few times now I have encountered difficulties with entering my account information.

The first time was how I couldn't even figure out how to register 2 devices to manage under one account? Did I totally miss something there?

No, you did not.  1 account, 1 unique e-mail address, one phone number.  Another account for another email, and another number.

Then my MMS data apn needed to be manually entered. (Strange)

This is not unusual.  On my first three devices with Public Mobile, I needed to manually set the APN information.  Funny enough, my newest device worked right away.

The next time site billing didn't even have beyond 2024 as a card exp date (now fixed). (Had to get vouchers)

This was just recently updated late last week, or early this week.  Unfortunate that it took so long, as the community has been asking for 8 months for this to be extended.

Now there's an error entering my Visa Debit Card because there is not even a separate tab to toggle between card types.

I've used my Visa debit card before and it works fine - so why doesn't it work here?

I phone my bank and they say I have zero requested transactions from Public on visa debit. That I must have filled it out under the credit card tab. 

I do not recall their being a different place to enter a visa debit vs a visa or MasterCard or even an American Express.  Typical issues with entry are apartments and postal codes. Try apt#-house#, leave apr space blank, and no space in the postal code.

So again I've triple checked now over 2 days 2 diff devices. What am I to do aside from hours of time wasted on no core support options. 

My concern is that it almost appears to be a lack of professionalism with account management and after all this...

So I'm going across city to "get vouchers" now. 🧐

I’ve answered most of your concerns above in bold.  Many folks have no issues here, so chances are you’re either using script blockers or pop up blockers, or not filling in information correctly.  As previously stated attempt to use private or incognito mode.

@skirtjustice 

Public Mobile website definitely needs improvements. 

With billing issues, you can try different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Leave apartment number section blank. 

You could buy buy online voucher from recharge.com.  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

KOHO card was advertised on public mobile and it does work here. It's prepaid card and the virtual card is available in minutes. I sent you a private message.

One more thing, did you wipe out the old card from autopay?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@skirtjustice did you try to use on incognito mode to pay your bill?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you try calling *611 to renew ?

Need Help? Let's chat.