cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just paid for the next three month plan renew 2 weeks ago and what happens if I move to Koodo

Lewis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Mod 

For obvious reason, I am considering move to Koodo now. I just paid for the 90 days 12 gb / 120 days plan 2 weeks ago and the plan should run till end of April.

Now If I am switch to Koodo, how to refund the differences?

Please let me know

Best

Lewis

38 REPLIES 38

@shawnie_boy I've normally been against this but now...

PS better solution

Switch to Koodo, get the $100 then RUN to another carrier

Under Wireless Code once cancelled Koodo would be forced to issue you a refund cheque

@shawnie_boywrote:

do a charge back on credit card and switch to koodo now. 

NTZBNGRN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

This was the promise when I left my previous provider. What makes anyone think that any Koodo / Telus promise from here on out is anything other than another herding tactic?

Maybe someone from Public Mobile / Telus can provide an explanation to all of us for pulling the plug on their promise... but nothing but a reversal would be acceptable

In the meantime, if you really care about companies honouring the contracts they make with us, just follow the questions on the CCTS site - when they ask if we tried to resolve the issue, then 'YES'  this  thread will be our attempt to do "something":

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

jtm02
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I want to switch to Koodo today, all I need to do is show the text? 

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

do a charge back on credit card and switch to koodo now. 

drhannah

Convient that i get the koodo switch offer text the day after i pay PM for the next 3 months. And the offer expires before the paid 3 months is up.

Nice scam, but its obvious PM is shutting down so why not eh.

@MarieHelene_Lwrote:

Hi @mtfolks

Depending on the migration offer, we will sometimes be able to transfer the PM balance to Koodo. However it is not the case for this current migration offer unfortunately. This is why we have worked with Koodo to offer you a 100$ credit upon your switch to cover the cost of any lost plan or balance 🙂

Thank you, 

Marie

@MarieHelene_L, unfortunately this is many dollars short as I have a lot more than that sitting in my account.  Plus there is the loss of the remaining billing cycle.  I hope you do realize that if you squeeze a customer like this from both ends, we may end up staying just to consume our remaining funds.  At the end of that, we would end up going elsewhere as the Koodo offer will have ended.  It is time to reflect on the decision and be flexible.

Bella

What a load of crap this is from Public Mobile.  Here is something you posted when I signed up for the 12GB Plan.  Now you are going against your word.  Sounds fraudulant to me.

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

fulluh

Billing cycle ends on Feb 13th... Seriously?? What category of ccts do you file a complaint in??

All those people I referred to you guys and this is how imI repaid? A 35% price home with my referrals. Wow $100 credit thanks SO much. 

Balur

@MarieHelene_L

Surely you can see how the math doesn't work, right?  How it would cost us more to switch to Koodo 1/3 way through our prepaid plan.

It is extremly dirty / deceptive that PM did this right after the billing date, rather then before.

@MarieHelene_L I have to ask why the terms on Koodo's website state differently then?

@MarieHelene_Lwrote:

@jaswest2754@kan

There is no particular requirements for the 100$ credit - everyone who switches will get it 🙂 It is not linked to the Tab or phone selected. 

Marie

wilsoncheng

This is what I been told when I sign up: As long as I remind active customer. My plan will be $120 for 90 days.

Only 6 months and they increase the price by 25%.

kan

@teedo @srlawren

rogers is not worth your time if you live in Alberta or BC, so many dead spots if you leave the cities.

allens

So what you are saying is there is no resolution for people who just paid there bill? I paid on Feb 3, so if I switch plans I will have paid ~$120 for less than a month of service? The $100 "gift" doesn't even cover that. And as others have said the plan was expected to remain the same as long as we are an active customer. "This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises." Surprise? Public Mobile is clearly lying to the "community".

br1

My 3 months billing was $120 and $135 was taken from my credit card. My account now shows a payment of $120 and a credit of $9. Now 2 weeks later PM is telling me to switch to Koodo. Sounds fraudelent to me.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Teedowrote:

Don't switch to Koodo, show your distaste for how this has been handled by TELUS (They're the real culprits here) and completely change to different providers. They don't deserve your money with this kind of crap.

@Teedo that was my initial thought. However:

1) Freedom network is not very good from the majority of accounts

2) Rogers network was only so-so when I tried it for a few days (on Fido) during the 10gig promos in December (which I ended up cancelling, largely due to network performance)

3) Telus network seems to be the best performer for me

4) Bell of course has the same network [for most intents and purposes] due to network sharing, but I've never heard a single positive thing about their billing nor customer service departments

Sooooo, most likely Koodo for me, as I really don't want to give up the network.  I'm going to wait a few days to see what happens in the market though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

amallya

@Lewiswrote:

Now If I am switch to Koodo, how to refund the differences?

HAHAHAHAH

"REFUND"

HAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHHAH

HAHAHAHAH

YOU GOT SCAMMED, by this garbage divison of Telus.

Don't do business with Telus. Go to Fido. Or Freedom. 

JohnyNZ

I'm not the best with CRTC ruling. Currently for PM we are on advanced billing, and not comsumption billing. Can anyone help me out with this, please?

Can we get our money back?

Possible links that might help:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2016/2016-171.htm

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/index.htm

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/prepay.htm

As I understand for home services (TV/IN/HP), you will be refunded for the amount of days you don't use.

tom3204

People doing the math are realizing $100 credit doesn't actually cover the losses for most of us even if we did move.

Teedo

Don't switch to Koodo, show your distaste for how this has been handled by TELUS (They're the real culprits here) and completely change to different providers. They don't deserve your money with this kind of crap.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ohnoburgers

No, the price increase will only take effect if you keep this same plan for your future renewals. You will not be charged more for your current billing cycle 🙂

@Balur

Add-ons are not transferable unfortunately. No taxes will be added to the Koodo credit, you will simply get 100$ credited to your balance. 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Balur

@MarieHelene_L I renewed 7 days ago

What about the extra data credit I bought and never used? 

Unused Public Mobile Credit (with discounts prorated) - $96

Extra Data (Practically Unused) - $29

Buying New Sim Card: $15

$140 

Teensy bit more then $100, and that's all before tax, is the Koodo credit before or after tax?

Also forgetting referals, we are all on 1 year loyalty at this point, and with autopay. That's $37 not $40. So either way it's a price increase, and we lose the flexibility of the data over 3 months rather then one.

Ohnoburgers

Hi Mod,

If I decided to stay until the end date of my billing cycle is May 12 then switching to a cheaper plan. Is there additional charge of the remaining 2 months?

MarieHelene_L

@jaswest2754 @kan

There is no particular requirements for the 100$ credit - everyone who switches will get it 🙂 It is not linked to the Tab or phone selected. 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Lewis

If you can kindly share how you negoatiated with Koodo Customer service it is much appreciated

kan

MarieHelene_L can you please clarify if this 100 dollar credit does or does not only apply to tab's on koodo, there are nasty rumours flying all over the place with this credit and it being a tab only credit and the rumours appear to be winning.

Thanks.

Spector
I'm in the same boat. my 90 days renewed on the 2nd of Feb. I already made the new account at Koodo with the $40 dollars per month by using my current phoner number with the promo code. I was wondering if I don't activate it till after my current PM account runs out(may 1st I think), if I will be ok. But a transfer of the credit to the koodo account would be fine too.

jaswest2754

@MarieHelene_L There appears to be a tab requirement listed to get the $100 credit. Is this true or while we get the $100 without the tab.

jpar

The least PM could do is refund or transfer the remaining balance.

Sergey

I will be with PM until end of mybilling cirlce

After I will going to any brand exept TELUS

mtfolks

@MarieHelene_Lwrote:

Hi @mtfolks

Depending on the migration offer, we will sometimes be able to transfer the PM balance to Koodo. However it is not the case for this current migration offer unfortunately. This is why we have worked with Koodo to offer you a 100$ credit upon your switch to cover the cost of any lost plan or balance 🙂

Thank you, 

Marie

And there you have it. Thanks for the clarification! 

Need Help? Let's chat.