Did you mean: 

I just mist the promo free sim and free one month by one day

fonzy35
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just mist the promo free sim and free one month by one day

darmit 😞

15 REPLIES 15

@Gayleeddy wrote:

How do I contact someone? I got the buy the first month get the second free but I received a text telling me the amount will de deducted from my account on the 16th when this month is supposed to be free 

@Gayleeddy

If you log into your self serve account you should see a credit equal to the plan cost you spent on September 16 (that particular promo was on on the weekend of September 15/16 for activations at a retailer https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-From-September-15-to-16-Get-...)

The text message from Public Mobile is the generic reminder that the renewal date is coming up and that you need to top up if you don't have available funds and are not on auto pay.

On renewal the system first applies any available rewards, then available funds, and if there is still an amount due it gets it from the registered credit card. If there is no card on file or the payment bounces and rewards and available funds are not enough, the plan will not renew and becomes suspended.

Future dated plan changes have to be done on the day before renewal the latest.

You have 90 days to reactivate your suspended account before it is closed and your number lost.

@Gayleeddy wrote:

How do I contact someone? I got the buy the first month get the second free but I received a text telling me the amount will de deducted from my account on the 16th when this month is supposed to be free 

When did you activate you plan? What was the last day/time for the free month promo?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gayleeddy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ashleyb

I have not been a customer for long but I can assure you I've been watching public mobile promos closely. A new one will come out soon I'm sure. Hopefully one similar comes out soon! sorry you missed it!

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fonzy35 I know how you feel. Except I got that promo but then missed the $25 referral credit by a day. There are lots of promotions going on all the time. You only need to wait for it.

ottawa

@fonzy35 wrote:

I'll for free sim card and free months for a $10 plan

I'll point out that for the $10 plan, the most recent online promotion was better than the in-store promotion. The in-store was $0 SIM and first month credited back. The online was $10 SIM and $25 credit (if you gave an existing customer as a referral).

For (say) the $40/4.5GB plan, the in-store was better, $40 credit to the new customer, while the online was $15 net credit (after SIM purchase) to the new customer. For the $10 plan, the online offer was better, though you had to ask an existing customer for a referral.

=aw

Wongster94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There will probably be more promos to come as Public Mobile is still in the phase of getting the word out and is actively finding ways to compete with other providers like chatr

savvy

Yeah they just had a different promo on at the beginning of September before that one took effect, and that's the one I grabbed. They are always changing. The good news is, it's Q4 for most telecom companies, so that means that competition for your business from now until Christmas is going to be fierce! Even if you don't wait, honestly the savings of Public being the cheapest out there may offset other small bonus' you may lose compared to how much you save by not paying elsewhere.

I remember when there were no promos.  Then Fall 2016 happened.  Still on that promo 🙂

That was also when sims were still free.

SIMs should still be free because we can’t use our phones without them.  SIM charges are just a cash grab for the carrier.  I will always attempt to negotiate a free SIM.

Effort

These free sim and second month free promo's seem to be monthly. I joined during the July's. Then during August, it wasn't promoted but they had the same deal. And again last weekend in September.

It will probably happen again not that far into the future.

fonzy35

I'll for free sim card and free months for a $10 plan

Thanks guys for your answer

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You never know, there might just be another flash sale this weekend 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fonzy35, these things happen.  Use the down time to order a SIM card and ready yourself for the next promo.  If the future is like the past, you will see a promo just around the corner.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Just be patient.  There have been many different promotions recently.  Hopefully in the next week or two....

Need Help? Let's chat.