cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hit the 1000 bravo mark in a 30 day period!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have no idea if this has been achieved before in the past.  It feels stratospheric to reach such a milestone.  Many thanks to those who played a major role in putting me over the top. 

I couldn't have done it without all the help. 

PM 1011.png

34 REPLIES 34

@will13am not sure but I think I hit it after 24days 😉 But these were obviously different times 🙂

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

And this thread ought to be re-titled "Shameless self promotion Part 2"

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

'Perks & Privileges' is simply my tongue-in-cheek designation for my accumulated knowledge of anything and everything oracle related.  Smiley Happy

You must include the lease of a new car covered be PM and a 3 week holiday at a destination of our choice

@ShawnC13

LOL  Yes... and also the access to the corporate private jet and the executive lounge at any Telus office in Canada.  Smiley Wink

@will13am

Congradulations!  Amazing accomplishment.  Keep up the great work....

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren  @NDesai  Ah, so that explains it... bravos can be given/received in Martin's Corner.  I was wondering about the rather significant differences in bravo totals between those views for the oracles.  I was pretty sure the French side bravos did not account for all of it.  Thanks for that explanation.

*filing that to my knowledge base: Oracles, Perks & Privileges*

@SD08 yes.... however.  Since virtually nobody (but the other oracles, plus the PM staff whom also have access to Martin's Corner) has read access to those bravos, they really aren't a "perk or privilege" per se.  Since bravo count is only 1 component of the [proprietary] algorithm that determines community ranking every month--and the oracles are already excluded from that ranking and whitelisted to the top category--there is no net difference to anyone but the other oracles seeing a [slightly] higher bravo count for each other than the rest of the community-at-large sees.

@srlawren

I didn't mean to imply there was any real benefit to the Martin's Corner bravos.  And even if there were, the oracles would certainly deserve it.  'Perks & Privileges' is simply my tongue-in-cheek designation for my accumulated knowledge of anything and everything oracle related.  Smiley Happy

You must include the lease of a new car covered be PM and a 3 week holiday at a destination of our choice

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@SD08 no worries.  You sould write a book--okay a leaflet haha--on the oracle P&P's!  I'll pre-order the first copy.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@srlawren wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren  @NDesai  Ah, so that explains it... bravos can be given/received in Martin's Corner.  I was wondering about the rather significant differences in bravo totals between those views for the oracles.  I was pretty sure the French side bravos did not account for all of it.  Thanks for that explanation.

@SD08 yes.... however.  Since virtually nobody (but the other oracles, plus the PM staff whom also have access to Martin's Corner) has read access to those bravos, they really aren't a "perk or privilege" per se.  Since bravo count is only 1 component of the [proprietary] algorithm that determines community ranking every month--and the oracles are already excluded from that ranking and whitelisted to the top category--there is no net difference to anyone but the other oracles seeing a [slightly] higher bravo count for each other than the rest of the community-at-large sees.

@srlawren

I didn't mean to imply there was any real benefit to the Martin's Corner bravos.  And even if there were, the oracles would certainly deserve it.  'Perks & Privileges' is simply my tongue-in-cheek designation for my accumulated knowledge of anything and everything oracle related.  Smiley Happy

srlawren

@SD08 wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@will13am  congrats on achieving this again

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am @srlawren The leaderboards will vary from both of your views as Oracles point of view includes hidden boards. 

@NDesai exactly.  @will13am bring up an incognito tab and have a look, you'll see how it appears to the community at large.  The bravo count seems to take into account the viewer's permissions, so myself and anyone else who isn't an oracle only see the count for threads outside of Martin's Corner.

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am @srlawren The leaderboards will vary from both of your views as Oracles point of view includes hidden boards. 

@NDesai exactly.  @will13am bring up an incognito tab and have a look, you'll see how it appears to the community at large.  The bravo count seems to take into account the viewer's permissions, so myself and anyone else who isn't an oracle only see the count for threads outside of Martin's Corner.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am I'm surprised you've yet to mention that you've finally passed me in all-time bravos, by nearly 300 (and counting)....

AllTimeTravos.png

You are still in second place.  I don't really celebrate milestones on the leader board.  That would be tasteless.  The bravos over 30 days are a "depersonalized" celebration.  

Screenshot_20180814-120303.png

@mtfolks wrote:

*quietly unbravos all the @will13am posts I've bravoed this month*

Smiley LOL

No wonder it felt like I was running on a treadmill.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren I'll have to find all your posts and bravo each and every one of them!!  Smiley Very Happy 

GC

srlawren

@will13am I'm surprised you've yet to mention that you've finally passed me in all-time bravos, by nearly 300 (and counting)....

AllTimeTravos.png

mtfolks

*quietly unbravos all the @will13am posts I've bravoed this month*

Smiley LOL

jp2

I think there should be a badge for that 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I will take another penalty for excessive celebration, this is the third time cracking the 1000 barrier.  

Screenshot_20180814-112013.png

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrats....that is extremely impressive.  I just added another 🙂

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good for you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rockdaddy22and I have declared a tie.  I am okay sharing the record with him, unless another surprise comes along and this forum lights up with activity again. 

@kav2001cwrote:

@ShawnC13 Rockdaddy had the old record (smashed what the old crew ever accomplished) back during the Fall Promo period but I do not beleive he had 1000

I thought I saw 4 digits on the board before.  I may be wrong but I am thinking it was righta round Dec 16 or Jan 17

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wow, I can't even imagine the amount of time that must have been spent here in the past month to achieve that.  Thanks for being so active.

@ShawnC13 Rockdaddy had the old record (smashed what the old crew ever accomplished) back during the Fall Promo period but I do not beleive he had 1000

SD08

@will13am

Congrats!  I was wondering too if anyone had ever done this and I was quietly rooting for you.

Here's another couple of bravos, just so it lasts a little longer before it disappears, ephemeral as these things tend to be.  Cat Happy

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
That's because you're fantastic! Well done, congratulations!

@ShawnC13wrote:

... great accomplishment, but I must remind you this forum is for posting of customer service needs. Cat HappyMan Very HappyRobot surprisedCat Very HappyMan Wink

I've kept meaning (and forgetting) to ask: how much "off-topic" chitchat is tolerated on these forums?

And I just gotta say I find an emoticon named "manwink" mildly disturbing, lol.

Lg85

Bravo! That is absolutely amazing! Congrats @will13am Smiley Very Happy

@NDesaiwrote:

Was this necessary? We see it on the community home page Smiley Tongue

Congrats i guess. 

Guity as charged, this is pure self promotion!  So not absolutely necessary.  I will take whatever punishment the webmaster decides is appropriate.

matbasm

Milestones need to be celebrated!  It's a lot better than seeing someone b**ch about PM without even identifying their actual problem.

Congrats!

Need Help? Let's chat.