cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have recently joined p mobile. nexus 5, apn set on android . sms messages some time work

Greatfriend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have joined public mobile yesterday on $ 45 plan with nexus 5 android. apn set as per instructions in the community. our friends help me yesterday to set up. the sms messages start working. now today the message some time gone , othertime not. i have to reset the phone again and again. on + in apn, when we select public mobile, it goes back to mobile net automatically. help needed to solve this as my kids getting upset

10 REPLIES 10

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Thank you for your prompt responses. It was my pleasure interacting with you.

Greatfriend

well done Martin. , accept as solution

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're welcome.

There's that expression, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Call and text a couple of friends. Have them call and text you. If all works perfectly, don't bother thinking about what is in Settings.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Greatfriend

thanks Martin

Another question, In apn mobile internet is highlighted, not public mobile, phone is working. any concern

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

You are seeing Public Mobile in Settings because that is your carrier. As for mobile Internet, my Moto G shows that, too. It's nothing to be concerned about.

The fact that your SMS is working is the main point.

Thank you for the Bravo and Accept as Solution. Much appreciated!

Greatfriend
There was no problems before as I use thus phone with Mobilicity. When I go to + and put all information into APN, then I save it and reboot the phone. To check the APN to see the info, nothing is there. Should the info show in APN . I have consulted KB

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Are you saying that you cannot save any changes?

Also, did you consult the KB (Knowledge Base) article when configuring the APN and other settings?

Lastly, did you use your phone with another carrier, and did you have similar problems? If so, the phone might be defective.

Greatfriend
SMS messages start working. Still want to know why I am seeing public mobile and 2 icons mobile internet

Greatfriend
When we go to APN, nothing is saved there. We see public mobile and 2 mobile internet,

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

At the very least, reboot your phone if you have not done that.

Recheck all your APN settings to see if they match PM's requirements for Android.

If they do, go into your app "drawer", select the SMS app, and clear its cache. Reboot.

If that does not resolve the problem, return to the app "drawer", and delete data from the SMS app. Reboot.

If the above is unsuccessful, uninstall the app, reboot, and then reinstall it. Reboot.

Good luck!
Need Help? Let's chat.