cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have lost my SIM Card and want to cancel the plan

haaris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can anyone help me with this **bleep** company and their service? I don't understand how hard it is to put a phone number online. I need to cancel this plan and don't know where to call or whom to talk. I went to the store I purchased the plan from and the sales person says you need a SIM card. I don't have it. can someone help me please.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kazemahtiani2 wrote:

I need my acount number

Are you not able to log in to the self-serve? Did you try the Forgot your password? link? If you know your PIN then you could also use the 611 service (not for the account number).

Are you wanting to port your number? Are you just wanting to stop being here period? Turning off autopay will cause the service to go into suspension and then after 90 days the account will deactivate.

If you wish to continue then you can use the lost/stolen feature in the self-serve and then get another SIM and Change SIM to it.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kazemahtiani2 wrote:

I need my acount number

Hi @Kazemahtiani2 this is an old thread.  You should start your own thread.  

Kazemahtiani2

I need my acount number

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@haaris no need to cancel it is a prepay service

Just remove any credit cards from your online profile and it will not be able to renew plan

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@haaris on a side note, public mobile does not have any stores or sales persons walking around. 

PM is an all inclusive online service without a call centre. 

I hope you didn't pay the "sale person" anything and got ripped off. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

So what do you wish to do with your PM account?

If you leave it alone, it will expire on its own and then dactivate after 90 days of expiry.

If you wish to make use of it since you have already paid for it, then we can guide you to get access of the account and make sure its up and running.  

First thing to do is to buy a sim card since you have lost the one you activated originally.

Next, send a private message to the @CS_Agent and provide the email address and phone number linked to your public mobile account and ask them to set you up with a selfserve account access.  You can update the sim card in selfserve and have a working phone line soon.

haaris

hey, sadly enough I didn't port the same number. I just got a new phone number with fido. 

imm1304

When you say you switched out, do you mean that you ported your number out to another provider?  If yes, your account is deactivated and cancelled the moment the number was ported out.  There is nothing left to do.  

imm1304

Hi @haaris!

1. PM doesn't have a call center service for us.  We all have to get help via this forum by private messaging the mods if there is an account related issue.    

2.  You can buy a replacement sim card from your local Walmart or Wow mobile kiosk or K mobile shop.  Or you can order one online. 

3.  Once you buy the new sim card, sign into your account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and click on "Plan and add-ons" and then click on "Change sim card" and enter the serial number of the new sim card you bought.  Your plan/account will transfer to the new sim card instantly.  

4.  There is no way to cancel the plan.. its prepaid service and it will expire as long as you have not set it to auto-renew.  You can temporarily suspend service in selfserve so no one else can use your plan while you wait to buy a new sim card and transfer your service to the new sim card.  

haaris

hey there, thank you for the information. however I am not registered for the account either. I got the plan, used it three days and switched out to a different service. when I try to sign up for the account it doesn't even accept the phone number i was suppose to have with PM. can you guide me?

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Also keep in mind that if you want to keep your current phone number, you should port it out to another provider prior to cancelling/renewal date.

Edit: @Luddite brings up a good point...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Something is wrong here. Public Mobile does not sell its services except online. The only items available at some retail outlets are SIM cards. An account cannot be created until you have a SIM card which is registered when you activate a plan ONLINE and pay for it.

Please tell us in more detail the steps you have followed so far.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@haaris You cannot cancel the plan as PM is a pre-paid service. What you can do is disable autopay and remove your cc so it doesn't renew. 

If you want to keep using it, you will need to purchase a new sim card from Walmart/wow mobile/ k mobile/online and once you get it, change the sim number from your self-serve account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.