cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an iPhone 4 and my phone shows 3G but I don't get Internet

salina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone 4 and my phone shows 3G but I don't get Internet when I try to use Safari or social media. How do I fix this since I am paying for 1 GB of data with my plan. 

3 REPLIES 3

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You can't update a i4 to any iOS 8 as the highest it goes is iOS 7. Therefore he will have to visit www.unlockit.co.nz thru WiFi using the safari browser on the phone and d/l the apn settings via the site directly to the phone to get data to work. Even then MMS will not work but everything else will. He can try an iPhone configuration utility and see what his luck with that is but has to be hooked up to a PC to use the utility.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@salina,

In order to have functionnal MMS and DATA (internet), you need to configure your APN.

If it's not possible to edit your APN, then you need to update your iOS version to 8.3 (current version from Apple).

Step-by-step APN configuration :

English version

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Internet tethering could be also shown as Personal Hotspot

If I answered your question, please accept my post, as the solution.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

You need to update your iOS and APN settings.

There is a comprehensive article, written on February 6, by Val_T, a PM community team member.

It's entitled "iPhone Update and APN Settings".

On the mobile version of this community, there is a magnifying glass near the top left corner. Click that, and enter the keywords of the article's title.

Good luck!
Need Help? Let's chat.