cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a phone in my name with Koodo

richardayling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a phone in my name with Koodo and have been paying the montly bill for several years and my son uses the the phone.  My question is can I setup aPublic Mobile account for him and port that number over to his new Public Mobile account in his name and usder his credit card? I have alraedy bough him the Public Sim Card.   thank you

7 REPLIES 7

As the name on the Koodo account is yours, and hot his, your name must be used to port.  The name on the credit card doesn't have to be the same, nor does the Public Mobile account holder name.  Your name is only needed to port (plus the account number and phone number).

As stated, prepaid will require assistance from the mods, postpaid *should* be no issue.

NOTE .. you will require an alternate number, please turn on the 'checkbox' first for the I am Authorized option.

Double check all entries before pressing to continue.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@richardayling wrote:

I have a phone in my name with Koodo and have been paying the montly bill for several years and my son uses the the phone.  My question is can I setup aPublic Mobile account for him and port that number over to his new Public Mobile account in his name and usder his credit card? I have already bough him the Public Sim Card.   thank you

@richardayling  Yes you can. You can activate the PM sim using a temporary number. During activation if you have a referral enter it and your son will get an additional $10 credit applied to his account. Also signup for AutoPay to get the additional $2 off during plan renewal. Once that is all setup and everything is working then you can setup the port to transfer your Koodo number over.

If your Koodo account is a postpaid account then you can setup the port online using the Public Mobile selfserve login account similar to what Koodo prepaid uses.

If you are on a Koodo prepaid account then you need to setup the port via the Public Moderator team. Just send the your Koodo account number, name on the account and Koodo phone number and Public Mobile will process the port for you. Please note that you Koodo must remain active for the port to be processed. Once the port is complete your Koddo account will automatically close.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@richardayling wrote:

I have a phone in my name with Koodo and have been paying the montly bill for several years and my son uses the the phone.  My question is can I setup aPublic Mobile account for him and port that number over to his new Public Mobile account in his name and usder his credit card? I have alraedy bough him the Public Sim Card.   thank you

You can activate a PM account for your son and use his credit card for autopay.  Then, port your Koodo number to PM.  

If you have a Koodo prepaid number, you need to send a private message to moderator to port your number to PM. 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also, your payment information isn't linked to your number so you can change it to his credit card.

@richardayling wrote:

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@richardayling wrote:

I don't see why not. As long as you have the information required for the port... It should go fine. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@richardaylingYes as long as you provide the correct information about his Koodo account during porting it should be okay. However if it is a Koodo prepaid account, it is a known issue with porting. Do some research by typing in Koodo prepaid above before you execute your plan. Your son might need quite a bit of back and forth with the moderators and it could take a few days. Don't do it while he is anticipating for an important call like from Nobel or Grammys.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, you can port his number over. Make sure you make note of his Koodo account number and 4 digit pin. When you activate the SIM card, during the number selection there will be an option to port your existing phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.