cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: I got scammed!

@darlicious wrote:

@elnino82  The telus porting department number (which supposedly handles bell as well...) is 1 877 868 3587 perhaps they can shed some light on the problem and as the account holder and you have the required information for verification ( acct #, pin, IMEI and ph#) they should be able to release information to you. I hope this helps...as a recent victim of identity fraud the spoofing of my number, attempts to break into my voicemail to retrieve verification codes was relentless and they were successful in stealing my reward points which were only accessible thru the same verification process as my bank baccounts...so they got very close. It was only thru my own diligence that they only got that far. Follow up with not only bell, pm, telus's fraud departments but your banks, the Canadian fraud centre and put a fraud alert on Equifax and trans union credit reporting agencies just to be safe. I was so glad I did 24 hours after having my purse stolen. Apparently up until yesterday I "have" requested 17 different credit cards and 3 phone (contract+device) lines in the past six weeks. Wishing you the best of luck in your situation.

This is nasty!  TBH, I DO NOT use text message 2fa.  I refuse to use an insecure method which does nothing but add inconvenience.  I will use an authenticator app or a physical key fob. 

Hello there!

I will be happy to help.

Before we get started, I will need you to click on the link below and use SIMon and create a ticket.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Bogdan_S

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

not good. hope u get it figured out...

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The text was from 4800Screenshot_20191107-080137_Messages.jpg

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@elnino82  That's a number I haven't seen before but probably for exactly your issue. You responded yo the link provided and your fraudulent port still went thru? That is not good. Hopefully @Moderator_Team  is taking care of this for you.

@GinYVR wrote:

@88cranstonThere is no yes to answer to. The Public Mobile message is informational.

Sorry I took the discussion a bit sideways.....was referring to a call or text in general to be careful of saying yes. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recontact the moderator and ask them for what direction you should take .  

@elnino82 wrote:

The text was from 4800Screenshot_20191107-080137_Messages.jpg

And if you click the URL....where did that take you to? But beware.....click at your own risk. The wording “request to cancel your account” is superfluous and suspicious. 

Mayor / Maire

@88cranston wrote:

Also just read today the telecoms have some plans to knock down spufyed caller ids. 

@88cranston two notes:

1) What you are talking about here only applies to numbers that are obviously spoofed--for example, contain too many numbers to be a valid phone number.  As long as the scammer/spammer spoofs a number with valid format, the call will not be blocked.  The feature is called Universal Call Blocking:  https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/11/04/rogers-bell-implement-universal-call-blocking-following-crtc-mand...

2) FYI for future use, it's spelled "spoof/spoofed" not "spuf/spufyed"

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

Also just read today the telecoms have some plans to knock down spufyed caller ids. 

@88cranston two notes:

1) What you are talking about here only applies to numbers that are obviously spoofed--for example, contain too many numbers to be a valid phone number.  As long as the scammer/spammer spoofs a number with valid format, the call will not be blocked.  The feature is called Universal Call Blocking:  https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/11/04/rogers-bell-implement-universal-call-blocking-following-crtc-mand...

2) FYI for future use, it's spelled "spoof/spoofed" not "spuf/spufyed"

Good to know. Thanks.