cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got scammed last night by a public mobile customer...can I track his number?

Scammed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Last night I purchased an iPhone 6 from a guy, I checked the imei number and serial number etc, everything came up ok. When I went to transfer my phone I was informed its a fake. Now I'm out $650.
The guys phone was registered to public mobile. I just want to know if I can get the address or any information about this guy?
6 REPLIES 6

HI. Someday Advice: Always buy Handsets from Respectable Merchants, Avoid Strangers, Or even Kijijii. This way, $$$ well spent is $$$ Well. Earned. This is an Unfortunate circumstance

@Scammed,

You can sell your fake iPhone 6 for 100$ on Kijiji.

Many buyers purchase fake phone just to have the same look as the original one.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^Did you not open it to go through the iPhone menu? Fakes are very easy to spot when going through the phone menu.

Scammed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have never even heard of fake iphones! I did go to the police last night, they said there is nothing they can do, even though the same thing happened to someone else 2 days ago.
Someone suggested to me to resell it to get my money back, but I don't have the heart to do that to someone.

hunnybunny
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Scammed

unfortantly they can not give you personal info on someone else. I would def do your homework next time before you buy especially an iphone as there are a lot of fakes out there.

like @Cyber said you could go to the police and file a complaint but most likely wont do to much as they say they are busy.

maybe a suggestion would be is to try and resell it. I know there are ppl out there that will buy the fake ones. You wont get your $650 back but you might get it partially back.

good luck!

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Scammed,

You can try to fill a complaint toward the POLICE but as usual, they will say that they have more important cases to investigate.

Need Help? Let's chat.