cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got charged $5.65 more than last month.

ohmz2008gmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I always pay $42.94 every 30 days then I was shocked to see I was charged $48.59.

I checked my usage and it looks okay.

What's going on?

Public Mobile Plan.PNGPublic Mobile.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ohmz2008gmailAny news on this? We never heard back from you

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ohmz2008gmail your plan is $45.  It looks like you live in a province with 13% sales tax (Onatrio?) and you are getting the $2 AutoPay discount only this time.  $45 - 2 = $43, $43 * 1.13 = $48.59.  Working backward, an increase after tax of $5.65 / 1.13 tax rate = $5.  So you've somehow lost $5 in rewards.  Did you get a community reward the previous month and now don't qualify?  Did you lose some referrals?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Would definitely be because of getting less rewards. You would normally be paying $50.85 without autopay or any reward discount.

Dunkgirl

@ohmz2008gmail wrote:

@ohmz2008gmailI'd also like to point out public mobile is pre-paid so there are never any extra charges. If you hit your data limit then it stops until you prepay for more or till your next renewal. Same with the limited talk/text plan. Once your minutes/texts are used up thats it. No extra charges ever however it may seem like you pay more because you may no longer qualify for certain bonuses.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Did you have referral rewards? It? If someone you referred left PM then you lose the monthly reward.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Yes you can go @ohmz2008gmail to your self serve and click on payment page and on transaction history to see what happened.

mh1983

As per your screenshot, your plan is $45 + tax, so that's right. Did your plan change recently? 

Dunkgirl

@ohmz2008gmail wrote:

I always pay $42.94 every 30 days then I was shocked to see I was charged $48.59.

What's going on?

Public Mobile Plan.PNGPublic Mobile.PNG

@ohmz2008gmailDid you lose some rewards? Did you change from $40 to $45 plan? When did you sign up? Did you have any sign up bonus or promotional credits? Please upload a screenshot of your transaction history going back as far as you can but blur out personal details. $42.94 before 13% tax is $38 meaning you have been getting a $7 discount in rewards if you are on the $45 plan maybe?

Need Help? Let's chat.