cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't know Google is chasing me!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Just saw the article, "How to stop location tracking", by the Verge and i was surprised how much Google knows about me. They track your location, Audio recording of things you said to Google assistant, browsing data, etc. Some personal stuff Smiley Surprised. Those of you who are paranoid like me should turn some things off and delete some stuff. 

Android 101: How to stop location tracking

I am sure Apple does it too, but they won't tell you Smiley Tongue

7 REPLIES 7

Startpage is another search engine you can use.

@Triguy wrote:

Use a search engine like duckduckgo which does not track your info.  Also use brave browser that blocks ads and website trackers.

I tried to use duckduck, but the search results were so bad compare what i get on Google. Unfortunately, i had to quit using for this reason. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

🤫 people are watching right now🤪

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Use a search engine like duckduckgo which does not track your info.  Also use brave browser that blocks ads and website trackers.

The only way to complete stop it is not use google.  Smiley Happy

However i know you can do it.  Google is doing that.   Too late. Smiley Happy

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

The problem is, can you really trust that turning off Google options or deleting information actually does anything more than prevent you from seeing it in your history. In Windows 10 you can disable telemetry and all other spyware, but it does nothing to actually change the data they continue to collect.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NDesai wrote:

Just saw the article, "How to stop location tracking", by the Verge and i was surprised how much Google knows about me. Those of you who are paranoid like me should turn some things off and delete some stuff. 

Android 101: How to stop location tracking

I am sure Apple does it too, but they won't tell you Smiley Tongue

Google doesn't make GMAIL & GOOGLE MAPS for ZERO revenue.

Have you ever noticed that the ads within GMAIL changes, depending of where you're currently located?  Or you've Google looking buy something and all the ads change to your favorite search.

It's all about data mining or shall we call it GOOGLE mining.

Need Help? Let's chat.