cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed my phone number by mistake and how do I retrieve my old number back?

ronverner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5 REPLIES 5

Loki1025
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@LovesToPM wrote:

@ronverner wrote:

Your old number has likely gone back to the original telecom that distributed that number.

If it was Telus family (including Koodo, Public Mobile), then you can contact Moderators to ask for the number.

Otherwise it has gone back to Bell, Rogers, etc and you will have to contact them. You will quite possibly need to open/have an account with them, to get that number back.

My understanding is that numbers are NOT immediately put back in circulation.  I think it's normally 90 days, so you'd have that time buffer to get this sorted out without risking that number being gone to someone else.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@ronverner wrote:

Your old number has likely gone back to the original telecom that distributed that number.

If it was Telus family (including Koodo, Public Mobile), then you can contact Moderators to ask for the number.

Otherwise it has gone back to Bell, Rogers, etc and you will have to contact them. You will quite possibly need to open/have an account with them, to get that number back.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ronverner  did you change your phone number from within my account ?  Or did you bring it over from another provider? Welcome to PM? 

@ronverner wrote:

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ronverner wrote:

@ronverner By yourself, you can change numbers once a month. However, you can check with moderators whether or not you can return to your old number. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can only change your phone# once every 30 days.  

You could submit a ticket to a moderator and ask them to see if they can change it back.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Need Help? Let's chat.