cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can send texts but cannot receive texts

DeltaLima
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello; I have been unable to receive any texts for the last few hours. I can send texts and have confirmed with 3 people that they see my texts. Any one have a solution? Thanks Dave

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DeltaLima wrote:

Okay thanks for the info. This does not seem like an acceptable service glitch with Public Mobile. I am a new subscriber so will see what other problems I encounter with them. Regards Dave Li

@DeltaLima I agree, it's an incredibly annoying bug that has been around for almost 2 years.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DeltaLima

Okay thanks for the info. This does not seem like an acceptable service glitch with Public Mobile. I am a new subscriber so will see what other problems I encounter with them. Regards Dave Li

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@DeltaLima wrote:

I did have  US roaming package that expired yesterday (Saturday) and I have restarted my phone twice

That is the issue preventing you from receiving text messages. Many people have experience this, and i believe it resolves itself after 24 hours or so. If i am being mistaken @srlawren can advise as he has experience this before. 

@DeltaLima as @NDesai mentioned, this is an unfortunate bug that happens whenever you using the US Roaming Texting add-on.  When the add-on expires, it does not properly remove itself from your account until approx 12-24 hours later.  In the meantime, the system gets confused enough to be unable to deliver any incoming texts to you.  The worst part is that those undelivered texts are gone for good and you have no idea what you've missed. 

For remediation, your best bet today is to wait out the 24 hours.  Keep rebooting every few hours and get someone to send you a text to test.  Eventually they will come through.  The other option is to contact the moderator team via private message (details here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745), as they are familiar with the bug and how to resolve it right away (manually remove the expired add-on from your account).  However, their current turnaround time is runing in the 2-5 days timeframe, so unfortunately by the time they ever read your message the issue will have already self-resolved.  It sucks, but really your only option right now is to wait it out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@DeltaLima wrote:

I did have  US roaming package that expired yesterday (Saturday) and I have restarted my phone twice

That is the issue preventing you from receiving text messages. Many people have experience this, and i believe it resolves itself after 24 hours or so. If i am being mistaken @srlawren can advise as he has experience this before. 

DeltaLima

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@DeltaLima Have you recently purchased a US roaming add-on? 

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, Did you try and reboot the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.