cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can hear them, they can't hear me

banny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New to public Mobile. Seemed fine, but when I just made a call the other party couldn't hear me..all garbled. My phone was fine before. I checked it by making recordings and I could hear everything fine, so not a mike issue. Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

Are you trying to call from the same place on every call, or are you moving around to 'find a better signal'?

There may be interference that you're not aware of if you're attempting from the same spot each time (walls, electrical signals, etc...)

banny

All callers, but have only tried 3..one local, one in BC, one in Sask

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@banny wrote:

New to public Mobile. Seemed fine, but when I just made a call the other party couldn't hear me..all garbled. My phone was fine before. I checked it by making recordings and I could hear everything fine, so not a mike issue. Any ideas?

@banny  Does it happen with all callers out just specific callers?

@banny 

As mentioned above, you can try the phone call quality in different parts of your local area.  

Maybe try a network reset and reboot your phone.

You may even want to contact moderator to see whether they can do something on their end.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

banny

Previous carrier was Rogers. I checked and the nearest Telus tower is about 4 km, but Rogers was 6 km and never a problem.

@banny 

If the problem happens in another phone also, it is likely a PM issue.  I assume text and data work fine.  Who was your previous carrier?

You might want to check the Telus or Bell cell towers in your area.  For some people in certain areas of Canada, they have reception issues with PM.  

banny

hat might be the problem..somewhere between 2 or 3 bars. They can hear me..barely if I talk loadly, but the calls break up for them. Perfect on my side of the call.

banny

I tried another phone..same problem.  I have a samsung Galaxy A5. I used the same number when I joined.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@banny 

Can you try your PM SIM card in another phone?  To determine whether hardware issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

What model phone do you have?  Did you activate new number or port over number?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@bannyHow many bars do you get? Voice conversation over cellular, the other parties' tower location could affect the quality (not just your phone and your connection). I would try it at another location, if it is consistent then you have an issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.