cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought my partner a card and Walmart had to activate it so he missed out on the promotional Bonus

fairchse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Walmart has to activate your new sims or the don’t sell you the card because of that my partner lost out on the bonus data promotion The account was activated online but by Walmart 

3 REPLIES 3

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DL888 wrote:

Many stories like this with Walmart, where they will refuse to sell you a SIM unless they activate it for you. I would recommend ppl yo buy on Amazon or use the store finder tool and find a location other than walmart to purchase your SIM. 

I had no problem buying a SIM at London Drugs in Maple Ridge. They asked if I wanted activated, said no thanks, and I was on my way. 

What does the reatiler get, money wise for activating a card?? And if they do profit more than the profit from the sale of the SIM card, they should do it right to ensure you get your rewards due to you. 

Some where there here is a missing bit of information that PM needs to address. 

There is is no way I would give any retailer that much personal  information to buy a $10 item. 

And. The consumer should be able to set up the account for all options as advertised by PM. So once again what does the retailer gain by setting up an account?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

They are not supposed to do that.  Best thing to do is report this to Public Mobile by locating the store in store locator and adding a review. 

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Many stories like this with Walmart, where they will refuse to sell you a SIM unless they activate it for you. I would recommend ppl yo buy on Amazon or use the store finder tool and find a location other than walmart to purchase your SIM. 

Need Help? Let's chat.