cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to switch my sim card from my old phone to a new one but it keeps saying sim card unregi

clea1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been trying to switch my sim card from my old phone to a new one which is unlocked and the sim card cut to fit the new phone, but it keeps saying sim card unregistered.  I have the mobile service with public mobile.. the new phone is a samsung  system UI.

6 REPLIES 6

@bm5m, you're in a really old thread here.  What's the problem with your SIM?  Is it the wrong size, or is your phone (new) not compatible with Public Mobile?

bm5m

I am having the same issue, your fix did not work   any other suggestions? 

Seb
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@clea1, did you update your SIM card number ? Login to your self-serve account then come back here to click on the link below :

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/

Hello,

See my response to your other post.

In the future, please do not publish identical or near-identical posts as that is considered spamming, which is contrary to community forum norms.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Access your self-serve account, and click on Plans and Add-ons. Several sub-tabs will appear. One of them will be Change SIM Card. Enter your new SIM card number, and then reboot your phone.

After that, you will be registered on the network, and should not have any problems using your new phone.

I hope this helps.

clea1

I've been trying to switch my sim card from my old phone to a new one which is unlocked and the sim card cut to fit the new phone, but it keeps saying sim card unregistered.  I have the mobile service with public mobile.. the new phone is a samsung galaxy system UI.

Need Help? Let's chat.