cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am left without Talk thanks to Public Mobile

keremy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A couple of days before the cycle this month, I ordered  Unlimited International Text,  Unlimited Canada and the US Talk, 500 mb of data through the "build your own plan" for 30 days for $35.00. I made sure that I included the talk as it is mandatory for me. Tried to make a phone call today and guess what? I got the "Talk is not included in your plan." voice message. Checking my account details, I saw that I was charged for unlimited text and 500 mb of data but the talk was not included. Am I a sucker for paying unlimited text and 500 mb of data for $35 while unlimited talk+unlimited text+500 mb of data costs the same? I don't think so. I used to like Public Mobile and even referred a friend. I don't know what kind of  a system problem Public Mobile is experiencing right now but I am left without talk and I sure don't like that. They better fix this problem soon or else I am leaving and taking my friend with me.

15 REPLIES 15

keremy

the problem has been taken care of by one of the mods today. talk is now included in the plan without i having to pay anything extra. thanks for everyone who gave their suport.

@Jessica_T, as the OP states the plan does not show talk as a part of the base plan, the lost trick would not reset a lack of voice option on the plan.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NDesai wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@keremy

Try this while you wait for the moderator team.

Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account under Plans and Add-ons, Lost/Stolen Phone and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully re-activates your plan/account with talk. This has solved many other issues in the past and is worth a shot.

This will not help to add talk option in the plan. This trick is used to renew suspended/expired account which is not the case here. 

@NDesaiOh, I read posts where it fixed issues other than the status of account, including where they are unable to call so I thought it was worth attempting.

@Jessica_T wrote:

@keremy

Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account under Plans and Add-ons, Lost/Stolen Phone and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully re-activates your plan/account with talk. This has solved many other issues in the past and is worth a shot.

This will not help to add talk option in the plan. This trick is used to renew suspended/expired account which is not the case here. 

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@keremy

@hairbag1 wrote:
Here's another thing to do until your plan is correct...you can get one of these In Canada Add-ons that will give you some calling provision. These minutes don't expire until you use them up.

No, that's not possible as talk is required to use those add-ons.

keremy

@FarewellToKings i don't understand why it would default to "no talk" and it did not let me know about it either. if this is a system glitch why wouldn't they fix it? if it is the standart procedure then why am i not being notified? in either way i don't think it is fair.

@keremy wrote:

@NDesai thank you for your answer and advice. i will not change it as you also remind. i did send the moderator_team a private message today and i am still waiting to hear from them. not being able to make any calls in the mean time is very frustrating when talk is your primary way of communication.

In the mean time, you can use Wi-Fi VOiP calling such as Fongo to make free calls. 

While we wait...have a peek at a couple of VOIP calling apps. I've used TextNow and seems to work as long as wifi is available.There are others as well for your review. Hopefully you won't be waiting long. Please come back and let us all know when you have resolution.

keremy

@NDesai thank you for your answer and advice. i will not change it as you also remind. i did send the moderator_team a private message today and i am still waiting to hear from them. not being able to make any calls in the mean time is very frustrating when talk is your primary way of communication.

@FarewellToKings wrote:

I suggest you build a plan again with the talk option, and for next month just ADDON whatever you need, instead of building another plan.

Not sure what you are suggesting here. If OP were to change the plan, prepaid amount ($35) is required to pay. Talk is the key service OP would like to have and it does not look like he/she would go without it for a month. Only option is to contact the mod to fix the plan without paying $35 again. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@keremy

As mentioned..moderator intervention is needed if you ordered the correct plan and didnt accidently miss clicking an option..

FarewellToKings

Sorry to hear about your issue.

You selected "Change Plan", and then "Build My Own Plan", and in Step 2 it defaults to "No Talk".

I suggest you build a plan again with the talk option, and for next month just ADDON whatever you need, instead of building another plan.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@keremy Sorry to hear that you are left without talk on your plan. It looks like the activation process failed at some point to detect the talk option. Anyways, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team to get this shorted out. Please do not try to change your plan now as it will ask you to pay $35 again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.