cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting the message "sorry your number cannot be completed as dialed..." when i dial 8xx number

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is the message i get when I dialed two different 8XX numbers this morning. one was an 866 and another 844. I was able to use a landline to access those numbers so they are fine.  I also got a friend with PM and he was also go the message "sorry your number cannot be completed as dialed..."  Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks all and have a great day!

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@idarwin wrote:

Hilarious - I was editing my post to note that it worked from a landline while you were composing your reply.

Yes, I was dialing 1-833-xxx-xxxx. Both by typing it by hand and by clicking on a link on their web page from the mobile browser (which it recognized as being the same #).

Yes, it works from a landline.

TIA

P.S. I restarted my phone but will try it in the morning, not now, in case it rings over to somebody's cell phone 🙂

If it's supposed to be a toll free number then it's probably a business. Is the business in Canada? Some toll free customers choose not to maximize their accessibility by limiting the geographic scope of callers.

If it's a business, if you're willing to let us know what business you're wanting to call and share the number then others can try it on their phones.

idarwin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hilarious - I was editing my post to note that it worked from a landline while you were composing your reply.

Yes, I was dialing 1-833-xxx-xxxx. Both by typing it by hand and by clicking on a link on their web page from the mobile browser (which it recognized as being the same #).

Yes, it works from a landline.

TIA

P.S. I restarted my phone but will try it in the morning, not now, in case it rings over to somebody's cell phone 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@idarwin@Assuming you are dialing 1833... And you are entering the number correctly.  Does it work from other phone

idarwin

Me too! 833 number here, calling from 647. Number is fine when dialed on a Bell landline. Please fix!

vit100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have same situation with 

833-828-2979

yg1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on a province-wide plan

PLUS I happen to have purchased a 200 minutes long distance bundle

Impossible to call 1-800-344-3370

I get the following message: "The number you have dialed is not available in your area at this time"

Someone please explain why or can someone fix this for me please?

Pidggit

I was having the same issue half an hour ago.

It worked on my wife's Public Mobile line, but not mine. I restarted the phone and it started working...

Very bizarre behaviour.

jukos

12:44pm and its working again!? hmmm

Rockdaddy22
Didn't work this time, very strange. I don't think it's a PM issue.

jukos

well...just tried again and its down again...can someone else try now? 1-844-757-7710

jukos

he got through now too.

Rockdaddy22
So what happened with your friend? Can he get through also?

jukos

I got through this time...must have been temporary.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

did you try pushing 1 before the 8? sometimes you need that... 

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jukos both those numbers work fine for me.  I'm located in Ontario if that makes any difference and I don't have any long distance add-ons.  I'm on the promo plan with province wide calling.

Rockdaddy22
I just got through on both, but I'm on a Canada Wide plan

jukos

one is rogers (844) 757-7710. the other is execulink 1-866-706-1994

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What are the numbers?  I'm curious and want to try from my PM number.

Need Help? Let's chat.