cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am at 95 percent mark of data usage

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do i have a option to change my renewal date.  I mean my renewal is die by 22nd dec can i renew ky plan early without losing my 120 bucks 12gb plan. ?

20 REPLIES 20

@marywong43 wrote:

I’m a little confused, you will lose your plan if you go over the amount of data in your plan before renewal? Really?  They won’t just allow th data to stop working but to cancel the plan? Really... I’m scared to go over if I ever would now...

@marywong43 If you use all your data allowance, data just stops working; nothing else is affected. On autopay, your plan simply renews on the expiry date and your data allowance is back for the next 90 days.

BTW: You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum, or if its account related by sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

marywong43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m a little confused, you will lose your plan if you go over the amount of data in your plan before renewal? Really?  They won’t just allow th data to stop working but to cancel the plan? Really... I’m scared to go over if I ever would now...

Nsk143

Just yo provide update about my situation. Mod team provided a quick reply with solution was able to renew 6 days before my actual date everything went smooth and quick. 

ckl

Or the other option is to just let the data run out and not use cellular data... Use wifi whenever possible and limp along until the 22nd.

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@MVP to address your questions:

1) sort of.  You can leave AutoPay turned on and continue to get your $2 every 30 days.  However, you can't use AutoPay to fund your early renewal.  Just go in and make a manual payment and then ask the @CS_Agent to process the renewal for you by private message.  The funds need to be in your account, hence the manual payment; but AutoPay can remain on to continue collecting the reward

2) I'm 98% sure that any rewards that are already showing in your self-serve account will be applied prior to any manual payment amount that you make.  Go to the My Rewards page (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/rewards/) and make your manual payment for the "As of today your estimated payment is:" amount.

Thanks. Good to know... if 2) is true, it is nice of PM, as the rewards shown are calculated per your full term, e.g. 90 days. 😉

P.S. on the other hand, as voice/sms are worth nothing these days, one can think of it as per unit of mobile data..

Wonder_why

@srlawren for the information, I will be renewal soon also,2GB Data left Cat Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MVP to address your questions:

1) sort of.  You can leave AutoPay turned on and continue to get your $2 every 30 days.  However, you can't use AutoPay to fund your early renewal.  Just go in and make a manual payment and then ask the @CS_Agent to process the renewal for you by private message.  The funds need to be in your account, hence the manual payment; but AutoPay can remain on to continue collecting the reward

2) I'm 98% sure that any rewards that are already showing in your self-serve account will be applied prior to any manual payment amount that you make.  Go to the My Rewards page (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/rewards/) and make your manual payment for the "As of today your estimated payment is:" amount.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Nsk143

I still have 400 mb left I will wait untill I am on my edges of data usage. 

MVP

I'm also curious about the details for early renewal:

- Can autopay be used?

- What happens with the rewards? Can they be used for renewal, or full payment is required?

Thank you.

Wonder_why

@Nsk143 did you got your renewal plan yet, please updated, thanks.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Samianauman wrote:

Agreed with everyone early renewal probably the best option.  

If someone on autopay then do they still need to move or have to have full plan price in available fund section or mod team can move or charge to my card the one I have under Auto pay by their slf 

Agreed.

Agreed with everyone early renewal probably the best option.  

If someone on autopay then do they still need to move or have to have full plan price in available fund section or mod team can move or charge to my card the one I have under Auto pay by their slf 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Wonder_why wrote:

I believe you can text 611 or call for early renewal

@Wonder_why Don't hear that option when I dial 611. Only known route to early renewal is to make a payment so that Available Funds = plan cost, then request early renewal from the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Since OP has the fall promo, the cost of data is $10 per gig based on calling and text being worthless.  Add-on data is much more expensive.  Go with the early renewal.

JDT

In cases like this, you just have to decide which option is less costly for you:
1. buy a 1GB add-on for $30 to tide you over to your renewal date

2. renew early

In your situation, since your renewal date is only 12 days away, renewing early is probably the cheaper option.  You effectively "costs" you $16 to renew early today ($120/90 days = $16/12 days).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nsk143  to early renew, add the nessisary funds needed to cover the cost of your plans then ask the mods to renew your plan.

Wonder_why

I believe you can text 611 or call for early renewal

luke11992

If you don't want to change your plan date, there's also the option of adding a data add-on.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

If you are out of data, you can ask the moderator team to early renew for you.  They will be able to do that without impact on your current plan.  This is a bit of goodwill that is often discussed.

@will13am,

I didn't know this was an option. Thanks for the information.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If you are out of data, you can ask the moderator team to early renew for you.  They will be able to do that without impact on your current plan.  This is a bit of goodwill that is often discussed.

Need Help? Let's chat.