Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am VERY Unhappy with Public Mobile

MojoJoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They won't port my number.  -Check
I contact them on multiple occasions to port my number since Sunday. -Check

I switch phone numbers to just ANY number, and they still won't let me use data. -Check

I'm calling Visa, this is FRAUD

38 REPLIES 38

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I hear you @MojoJoe! I was super frustrated as well.  I went through the steps here http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/td... and got everything up and running, without needing a mod. Please try it out and let us know if it works or where you get hung up.

I used the rando number assigned by PM to open the account and then BAM, ported over my telus phone number in less than 5 minutes (after almost a week of waiting)

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Hopefully then can solve your issue today.

Rockdaddy22
Can you explain the data issue?

Zadem

I do not believe Public Mobile is commiting fraud https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud. Public Mobile staff are supporting their subscriber base to the best of their ability and have stated in multiple threads they are addressing issues from the oldest to the newest.

I signed up for a service, I am experiencing difficulties, I have submitted support requests (Since Nov 17th) and I await resolution.  This is the service I signed up for.

MojoJoe

It was from Bell

Yes, I find this troubling, possibly a failed port.

Who was your previous carrier?

If Koodo or Telus, and Prepaid, IF U used the same email as from these on PM during port, then that's the culprit.

Use a different email to do actual port, when Port is complete and successful, then U can use your preferred email after

Rockdaddy22
I'm sure there's more to this story. Did you have a failed port?

MojoJoe

Furthermore, Public Mobile holding my old number hostage so I can't even update my contract with my old service provider as unless this gets resolved soon,

Need Help? Let's chat.