cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want to migrate to koodo 40$ plan

Iqjotgirgla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to migrate to Koodo's $40 unlimited canada-wide calling 4GB internet plan and right now I am on one $120 PM plan. I did not get the message from public mobile to Port out my number. Is there a way for me to put into Koodo?

@CS_Agent

51 REPLIES 51

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c If that's the case then I will try to get the Koodo plan as well.

@kav2001cwrote:

@will13am yup as near as I can see enter random numbers until you get lucky

It does not even ask me for any info (name / account etc) until much later in process

I also am sure stores are exploiting this since entering in a random number at start says not valid 

@will13amwrote:

I am confused by your statement about using the public number and then change number before checkout.  What does this exactly mean?  You do point out a potential vulnerability with this migration.  If someone randomly tries to enter a 10 digit number and is lucky to pick out a qualifying Public Mobile number and applies it as their promo code, then the person who really owns that number could lose access to the migration offer.  I thought the checks and balances put in place to prevent gaming the system requires a number port with the porting number matching the one on the promo code.  Maybe the migration process was poorly crafted just like the underlying offer.

Okay, so there are checks and balances.  Sure you can pick a 10 digit number and get past step 1, but surely luck isn't going to help much when you need to enter personal information later in the process.  I do see how unscrupulous Koodo agents can work around the system as they have higher level access than customers. 

@will13am yup as near as I can see enter random numbers until you get lucky

It does not even ask me for any info (name / account etc) until much later in process

I also am sure stores are exploiting this since entering in a random number at start says not valid 

@will13amwrote:

I am confused by your statement about using the public number and then change number before checkout.  What does this exactly mean?  You do point out a potential vulnerability with this migration.  If someone randomly tries to enter a 10 digit number and is lucky to pick out a qualifying Public Mobile number and applies it as their promo code, then the person who really owns that number could lose access to the migration offer.  I thought the checks and balances put in place to prevent gaming the system requires a number port with the porting number matching the one on the promo code.  Maybe the migration process was poorly crafted just like the underlying offer.

@ShawnC13wrote:

I don't think this was a PM decision or plan at all.  I am pretty sure this came from higher up in Telus and it was PM that is the ones that had to put their name on it because we are "PM" Customers.  No matter how high up you are in management at PM you there are still many levels above you at Telus that will direct you as to what will be happening with your brand.

No doubt, this customer repositioning exercise came from Telus and not Public Mobile or Koodo.  I wonder if Joe Natale was still was still in charge, would this idea ever see the light of day. 

I don't think this was a PM decision or plan at all.  I am pretty sure this came from higher up in Telus and it was PM that is the ones that had to put their name on it because we are "PM" Customers.  No matter how high up you are in management at PM you there are still many levels above you at Telus that will direct you as to what will be happening with your brand.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Korthwrote:

Ideally, the "migration process" would be somebody at the destination (Koodo) requesting the number port and communicating properly with their counterpart at the source (Public Mobile) to ensure every detail is accurate and everything happens flawlessly.  Along with similar people performing similar functions to setup equivalent plan, transfer account balance, mail out a SIM card, etc.

Sadly, it's not hard to imagine many ways this could all go horribly wrong in a PM-Koodo-Telus interaction.  Kinda sucks that they apparently didn't put any real effort into making an attempt, though.

What more can you say that hasn't already been said many times over.  This was not Public Mobile's finest hour for sure.  In spite of the price increase retraction, the issues continue to persist.  It is the gift that keeps on giving. 

Ideally, the "migration process" would be somebody at the destination (Koodo) requesting the number port and communicating properly with their counterpart at the source (Public Mobile) to ensure every detail is accurate and everything happens flawlessly.  Along with similar people performing similar functions to setup equivalent plan, transfer account balance, mail out a SIM card, etc.

Sadly, it's not hard to imagine many ways this could all go horribly wrong in a PM-Koodo-Telus interaction.  Kinda sucks that they apparently didn't put any real effort into making an attempt, though.

@kav2001cwrote:

K then it is def unscrupulous store dealers to make the commish

*edit - you can use your Public number ("code") but then change number before you check out 🙂

Also, using a wrong promo code gives error message "you used too many invalid promo codes try again in 3 days" lol

K then it is def unscrupulous store dealers to make the commish

*edit - you can use your Public number ("code") but then change number before you check out 🙂

Also, using a wrong promo code gives error message "you used too many invalid promo codes try again in 3 days" lol

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wow.  I was just going by the official statement.  definatly a good deal for a $30 investment and $100  transfer bonus.

edit:  doesnt seem to work online (tried two PM non promo numbers) you need a proper verification phone number

@mimmo & @ShawnC13

People have been activating brand new accounts on 1 choice only Public plans then walking into Koodo and signing up for promo 4GB plan

I think the check is ONLY whether you are an active Public Mobile client nothing more

So long as number port is done from Public it does work

(could be bug, could be lazy / greedy rep trying to get sale)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c  I believe they also looked at the number being ported incombination with the promo code else anyone would be able get the deal.

@kav2001cwrote:

I do not think it is a targeted promo since a newly activated Public account can use the same code to get the Koodo plan

The targeting may be for the $100 bill credits?

@kav2001cwrote:

I do not think it is a targeted promo since a newly activated Public account can use the same code to get the Koodo plan

You had to have the 12gb promo though as you needed a phone number with that plan to be able to activate the koodo offer.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@torontokriswrote:

@Iqjotgirglawrote:

Yes I have the full promo which is $120 for province-wide calling and 12 GB of data

@Iqjotgirgla

It was a targeted promotion for certain numbers only. Try using code GOKOODO404GB at a store or online. Ask nicely. Let us know what happens and Mark my answer "as the solution" (for good luck jk)

This offer was for all customers on the 12gb $120 plan 

With that said, we want our customers to feel good about their wireless choice, so we’ve worked with our sister brand, Koodo, to offer all customers on this plan a way to keep their $40 price point. For a limited time, from February 15th to March 15th, 2018, if you’re on the “$40 for 4GB” plan, you can join Koodo and get a monthly rate plan with Canada-wide minutes + International text + 4GB Data for $40/month. Plus, Koodo will give you a one-time $100 bill credit to make up for the future days that you have already paid for on your Public Mobile plan.

The plan was to roll this out over a number of days to the customer base.  Due to the reaction and action taken by the community put this to a stop and therefore the offer probably wasn't sent via text to all customers.  If you are interested in this offer from Koodo you should contact the mods and see if your number was listed for this offer.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Iqjotgirglawrote:

Yes I have the full promo which is $120 for province-wide calling and 12 GB of data

@Iqjotgirgla

It was a targeted promotion for certain numbers only. Try using code GOKOODO404GB at a store or online. Ask nicely. Let us know what happens and Mark my answer "as the solution" (for good luck jk)

Iqjotgirgla

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Iqjotgirglawrote:

I want to migrate to Koodo's $40 unlimited canada-wide calling 4GB internet plan and right now I am on one $120 PM plan. I did not get the message from public mobile to Port out my number. Is there a way for me to put into Koodo?

@CS_Agent

Were you on a 12GB LTE $120 plan?  There are other $120 plans but only the fall promo and I think the Targeted Freedom promo were eligible for this.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Iqjotgirglawrote:

@CS_Agent

Go to Koodo store or online try using code GOKOODO404GB and see what they say. But yes it was a targeted promotion you may not be eligible. If you get it let us know

Iqjotgirgla

I did not block them and my wife has the same plan she got the message.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

It is selected number, so if you didnt block their promotion message, so probably does not apply to you.   Try your phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.