cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Keep getting texts from PM

joemob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Public Mobile here. sorry, we dont offer text messaging outside of canada at this time."

I'm not texting anyone outside of Canada... and usally when i get this message my call drops just before that.

10 REPLIES 10

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Like I always say I am here to speak the truth (Facts only), even if that involves calling Public Mobile Out on some of things that were happing earlier.

So calling you just as or even more Knowledgble then me is a Fact

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

Thank you for your kind words about my knowledge. Much appreciated!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Martin, I think you are just as knowledgble as I am.

Now to answer OP's question, if this is Happening on a BB Q10 then that is kind of weird & its a first on PM. It's normal on an iPhone because the iPhone is trying to activate face time & imessage via Blind Text to a UK number which Public Mobile currently doesn't support on the Canadian Texting Plan or no Text Plan.

So the only thing I can think off is, Your Q-10 has an app of some sort or there is something in BB OS that is trying to activate something on a Q-10 by sending a Blind Text to a number outside of Canada. Which why you are seeing this message.

You can try these two solutions, first one is as you know most smartphones have the ability to Block Texts from certain number, you can put the number that the text is coming from into the Reject SMS list but Remember by doing that all texts will stop from that number.
Second option is Factory Reset the Phone, Do that only if necessary and its also good idea to do that from time to time. If you do decide to go this route then don't download any aps right away so you can determine if an app was the culprit or the BB 10 OS.

Good-morning, @chukdefatey

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Two days is one thing; four days is something else.

There is a responder, nicknamed chuk, who has a very lengthy history in the cellular industry. If he comes by and sees this thread, I have no doubt that he will provide a solution. If he doesn't visit the community this morning, one of the PM staff members will help correct the problem later today.

Please be patient, even though the message may be driving you to distraction.

joemob

its been 4 days lol

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

After I posted my reply, I accessed your history, and read that you had a BB.

Regardless of phone, the message stops after 2 days, if not sooner.

Hi. Yeah, that can be quite irritating.

I don't know any Solution, except, If You Choose, Global Text would Be Your Only Way to Put an End to those Annoying Text Messages from PM

joemob

I have a Q10... really annoying message after the 10th time

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The quirk usually happens when one has an iPhone, attempting to make contact with a number in the UK. After approximately two days, the message will stop.

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.