cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS AND HAVE NO DATA

hus1976
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I switched over from chatr to public mobile three days ago and I can only make calls. I cannot receive them. When I placed my chat sim card, it is still working. So I don't understand what is going on.

My data is also not working. I created new APN settings and followed the instructions on this forum but still does not work.

I need help. The moderators @Jeremy_M and @Saray_O , you guys are online. Please respond. Thanks

Hussain

13 REPLIES 13

@ech_786 wrote:

Try restarting your phone ..take out your sim then put it back..

also, if its LG G4 phone you are using you will need factory reset.

Good luck.

NOTE: It may NOT be necessary to perform a factory reset!

I just had same problem on my LG G4. Tried everything except factory reset but no go, including manually entering settings but after reading all the suggestions in this forum, I thought it was going to be the only way to go. BUT I could not do this because I could not find a way to fully back up my 32GB from my phone (did not have a large enough SD card and LG backup could not handle that size data, UGH!).

After several mods, finally found ONE PM mod who sent me configuration files via text. After I loaded them, all was well (I did not even have to power off my phone). Not sure why that worked when manual entries did not (and yes I checked the settings were correct). So, if you have trouble, ask a mod to send you the configuration files instead. This might fix thing and avoid a factory reset.

Meanwhile, let's review the settings:

For data / internet access, all you need is:

Name: Public Mobile Internet (this can be anything you want)
APN: sp.mb.com

All else is left blank. That's it!

For MMS (picture / video text messaging), also set the following:

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca (= 74.49.0.18) OR mmschoodmm1.telus.com (=209.202.119.4)
MMS port: 80 OR 8799

(using a url is a better practice than using a fixed IP address)

The rest should AUTOFILL once you save the settings above and TURN ON data.
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl,
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

hus1976

yes, my phone is unlocked. my wife is with public mobile and her sim works in mine and my chatr is working.

When i place the new sim card from public mobile, its says public mobile. I can call people but I cannot receive calls. I did create new apn settings for public mobile yet I do not have data.

I am still waiting for one of moderators to get in touch with me before I factory reset.

Hussain

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is your phone unlocked?

Since your chatr still working, then its not ported over yet.

Try to setup your data first using apn, if not working, try to make a backup and reset your phone.  Some phone apn setting just need to reset before its working with the new apn setting.

hus1976
Hi
I cannot factory reset right now. I am still waiting for moderator to help me. I cannot receive calls. I am still using my chatr sim.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hus1976 a factory reset would likely clear up the data issue.  Make sure you back up anything you want to keep that is not already backed up or synced to a cloud-based service first.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
You'll need an android expert to help you. I'm sure one will chime in soon

hus1976

Hi

I created new APN settings for data and even restarted my phone but data is not working. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks

Hussain

Rockdaddy22
Data should work

hus1976

Hi

I have sent my info to @Saray_O

I have a samsung s4. I have rebooted it and also taken out sim and placed it back in but still the same. 

My data is not working either. Is this related to porting as well?

Hussain

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try restarting your phone ..take out your sim then put it back..

also, if its LG G4 phone you are using you will need factory reset.

Good luck.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@hus1976 it sounds like port has not completed

To be on safe side reboot phone it does help sometimes but otherwise need to contact a mod

Rockdaddy22
I would send @Saray_O all your info

Name as it appears on chatr account
Account number
Phone number you want to port
Sim number
Need Help? Let's chat.